I feel like a REALLY foolish person... RE:Network Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like a REALLY foolish person... RE:Network Monitor

For the life of me, I can't figure this out...

I've gone through all the instructions, and I cannot get a status of, well anything.

I went through and set a line in startup.txt

hs.setdevicestring "n1", "192.168.0.12"

Then I went in and created that device in home seer. I installed the network_monitor.txt script and all the include files.

And I'm not getting any status. Well, actually, the only thing coming up for status is the ip address. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Can anyone, someone, please, post of what I'm supposed to put into the startup.txt, because I think I didn't put it in correctly...

Thanks!

If you're not seeing that IP address when you look at that device, then the hs.SetDeviceString command hasn't been done right, or hasn't been executed. If it's in startup.txt, that won't happen until HomeSeer starts up. You can also do it nowadays in an event's device actions. Also make sure you do it after creating the device.

Did you create a Network Monitor event to run the script? Did you schedule it to run? Has it run?

Did you set the device type (not name) to be something on the list of device types in the script?

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you set the device type (not name) to be something on the list of device types in the script?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh... see that's where my problem was... I had set it to be a "virtual device" instead of a "internet connection"... Now I know...

Thanks!

Great script, and I've got a few really good ideas for it...

Comment

Working...
      X