create an event from an external application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

create an event from an external application

I have created an application to interface with functions in homeseer. Does anyone know how I can create an event in homeseer externally from my application. I would use hs.newevent etc. but want to create it from a form i have in my app. I'm bundling a script and app package for sprinklers and it would be nice to set the times etc for an event to run from my GUI. I'm guessing thatn I have to use the hsOBject somehow?

You should be able to instantiate the HS object from most programming languages. VB uses somthing like this:
    (Don't forget to reference the HS.exe first)

Dim hs As HomeSeer.Application
    Set hs = New Application

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Scripting from an application is no different than scripts run from homeseer. Like Rupp indicated you need to identify the hs object to your application. I would suggest using "Set hs=CreateObject("Homeseer.Application") so that you will not need to recompile it for a later version of Homeseer. Use of "new" binds it a specific version. Once you have hs defined then it works just like any script.

Comment

Working...
      X