Windows Media Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Media Volume Control

I need to get Homeseer to adjust the volume on Windows Media player after receiving an X10 signal. Is there a way to do this with some sort of script? If so, can someone help me get started with a sample. I am not good at all with scripting.

I am working on a Halloween project for the kids and I want to have the recorded monster sounds get louder when someone triggers the motion sensor. Then have it get softer after they wander off. I also thought about recording a left and right channel with one being louder than the other and have Homeseer turn on the louder channel but that may be more difficult.

I have seen the scripts for Winamp but the software I use (Dasher) http://www.christmascave.com, requires the use of Windows Media Player.
    Thanks in advance,

Joe

http://www.msaxon.com/quickmix/

Comment

I just wrote a script that will play a random "scary sound" (I downloaded a dozen or so small "scary welcome" sounds) whenever motion is detected with a hawkeye. It doesn't lower volume or increase as they get closer (I guess you would need multiple motion detectors for that since they only detect motion, not distance - plus, won't it automatically get louder as they get close just because they are getting closer to the source?). What it does do though is play a default spooky sounds mp3 that is about 30 minutes long. it plays this continuously as long as there is NO MOTION. This way it is kind of back ground noise around the neighborhood. When motion is detected, it will change to one of the scary greetings randomly (like "Welcome to Fright Night...bwahhhhaaaahhhaaa"), and continuously switches amungst the greetings until no motion is detected (if someone wants to hear them all they can stand in front of the 4ft pumpkin as long as they are moving!). Once no motion is detected, it reverts back to the default spooky sounds.

Jay Fro

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fazgood:
        I need to get Homeseer to adjust the volume on Windows Media player after receiving an X10 signal. Is there a way to do this with some sort of script?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This might do the trick for you. It does not use the full version of Media Player specifically but it uses the scaled down background version.

Firstly, start off by set up an event that responds to an X10 command (the one generated by a motion sensor or whatever trigger you have).

Write a small script that uses these commands:

hs.MediaFilename="c:\soundfile.mp3" (or whatever location and name you have in mind)

hs.MediaPlay (this starts the Media Player. You can then stop the playing using hs.MediaStop or hs.MediaPause).

The format to script this would be simply:
        hs.MediaPlay hs.MediaFileName

To change the volume, use:
        hs.MediaVolume="your volume setting"

Comment

Any example on how to use quickmx in HS ?

tnx

-b

Comment

Write a small script that uses these commands:

hs.MediaFilename="c:\soundfile.mp3" (or whatever location and name you have in mind)

hs.MediaPlay (this starts the Media Player. You can then stop the playing using hs.MediaStop or hs.MediaPause).

The format to script this would be simply:
            hs.MediaPlay hs.MediaFileName

To change the volume, use:
            hs.MediaVolume="your volume setting"

If you're calling Version 5.2 or 6.4 of media player then your volume setting to set it to midway should be -500.

If you're calling Version 7.1 or greater than it's in stardard percentages, and you'd enter in 50 for 50%.

I do not know what version of MP HomeSeer calls as I have not worked with it yet, but I do have done extensive work with embedding MP into a webbrowser and using the advanced fuctions of it in another application.

Thanks
            Streak...

Current System Info: Intel DK440FX Dual Board running Identical P2-266 processors, 192Ram. Win2k Advanced Server Sp3, IE6.

Comment

Working...
            X