Anyone have a schedule script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a schedule script

I'm looking for a script that could read some type of flat file or access database where I could store info like my sons basketball schedule as well as birthdays, holidays, trash days, special events and general reminders. Then I would like to be able to click a button on a palm pad and it would read my daily reminders over my whole house audio system.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

that's next on my projects to do list (since I just finished another one), probably going to be a flat file to keep things easy.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

guest guest at the HS prompt
      Then login using
      guest5 and guest5temp at:
      http://cfguy.no-ip.com:81/reports/user_login.asp

Then click on Communications, Reminders
      Then have a look at Upcoming, Calendar, Reminder Editor.

Currently, I can enter a reminder event, set how long the drive time is, how far ahead to be reminded and how many minutes apart to be reminded.

I have a script that runs every 30 minutes and creates the events to be spoken during that 30 minute period. Example. On Wednesdays my sons go to the Youth group at church. So I set an event that starts at 7PM. The drive time is set to 20 mins and the remind time is 60 mins. Remind interval is set to 10. So at 5:40 HS speaks 'You need to leave in 60 minutes for Youth Group.' It repeats every 10 minutes. At 6:40 it says 'You need to leave now to arrive on time for Youth Group.' At 7PM HS says 'You should have left 20 minutes ago to arrive on time for Youth Group.' You can select the repeat value from None, Daily, Weekly and Yearly. We put Doctors appointments, birthdays, weekly appointments into the events.

I also have a second script that I have set to run at 6:55 am Mon thru Fri that speaks all the reminders for that day. It would be easy to change the event to be triggered by an x10 command instead.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Rupp,
        You and I have exchanged some notes here about the BetaBrite display and WAF, and (I think) determined that what makes mine happy would make yours unhappy. That said...

I wrote a quick and dirty script that reads a text file and determines what "events" are happening in the next week. This script runs every day at 5 am, and sets a "Message of the day" in an include file for my BetaBrite scripts. The BetaBrite then displays stuff my sister's upcoming birthday, an upcoming anniversary for my brother-in-law, etc.

What I've done probably isn't of much direct use, but the idea is probably appropriate for other specific situations: At some early morning hour, read and parse a file to determine if something important is coming up. If so, write the appropriate text to a file, which can be included in some other script file that can run periodically or when you push a button on your palm pad. The script can then announce the text (or whatever).

Steve

Comment

Actually you had convinced me enough to try one but when I went to Sam's they no longer carried them. Is there another place (cheap) a guy can pick one up?

-Rupp
          ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Jeff, Your scripts sound interesting. Is there a way to get a copy of them and instructions on setting them up? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Could I please have a copy of these scripts to use? I really could use something like this.

guest guest at the HS prompt
              Then login using
              guest5 and guest5temp at:
              http://cfguy.no-ip.com:81/reports/user_login.asp
              Then click on Communications, Reminders
              Then have a look at Upcoming, Calendar, Reminder Editor.
              Currently, I can enter a reminder event, set how long the drive time is, how far
              ahead to be reminded and how many minutes apart to be reminded.
              I have a script that runs every 30 minutes and creates the events to be spoken during
              that 30 minute period. Example. On Wednesdays my sons go to the Youth group at church.
              So I set an event that starts at 7PM. The drive time is set to 20 mins and the remind
              time is 60 mins. Remind interval is set to 10. So at 5:40 HS speaks 'You need to
              leave in 60 minutes for Youth Group.' It repeats every 10 minutes. At 6:40 it says
              'You need to leave now to arrive on time for Youth Group.' At 7PM HS says 'You should
              have left 20 minutes ago to arrive on time for Youth Group.' You can select the repeat
              value from None, Daily, Weekly and Yearly. We put Doctors appointments, birthdays,
              weekly appointments into the events.
              I also have a second script that I have set to run at 6:55 am Mon thru Fri that speaks
              all the reminders for that day. It would be easy to change the event to be triggered
              by an x10 command instead.
              Jeff Farmer

Comment

Jeff,
                You sent me these pages, Calendar Reminders, way back this spring. I have used them alot and they work excellent. I thought you were going to publish them sooner. I too would be interested in any updates to them, as they are a great addition to HS and what it is supposed to do. Make life easier....JG

The Garage
                3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Jeff

The reminder script looks great.

Any chance of sharing them with me?

Thanks

Joe

jjsmd@yahoo.com
                  jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

awesome script, time to post this in the script library [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If anyone does find out where to get these BetaBrite displays cheap, please let me know too, I am looking for one too.
                    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                    (aka xplosiv)

Comment

I hadn't realized that Sam's Club quit carrying them. I don't know where else they might be. Too bad.

Steve

Comment

They are hard to find now, at work we use the enterprise version of these panels, and wrote my own VB software to interact with these panels, they are really nice. I just don't feel like spending much money on it. Sams Club quit selling them here a long time ago.

[This message was edited by xplosiv on Friday, 25 October 2002 at 12:43 PM.]
                        (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Watch EBay for the ProLite PL-M2014R, I grabbed one for $102 and wrote Perl scripts for HS to control it.

-Nitrox

Comment

I'd be glad to share it, is there someone who has the time to help me write the docs for it. I am pretty swamped between my day job and doing 'on the side' web work for a couple of ISPs.

Jeff Farmer

--
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone
                            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

I'm more than happy to help out for the documentation if you like, thanks.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X