Stupid Orbitz Pop Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Orbitz Pop Up

I run the movie script every night at ~ 3:00.

I got tired of seeing that stupid Orbitz Pop Up every morning so, I added the following line to the end of Movies.vbs (right before end sub).
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    hs.keys "(^w)", "Ad"
    </pre>
    This sends a ctrl-w to the pop-up page and closes it.

You might see an error in the HS log "Error in keys" but it won't hurt anything. There might be a better place to put the hs.keys line.

You could run a pop-up program, but I like to avoid running too many programs in the backround.

Which movie script are you using? I haven't upgraded in over a year. I am still using the original one and didn't think it was using Orbitz?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Rupp!

I am using the Movie Script from M. McSharry. It doesn't use Orbitz, but everytime it downloads from excite.com, it leaves a stupid pop-up from Orbitiz open.

Comment

I stopped using IE and hs GetURLs for movies somewhere around version 3.7 because of the various problems each introduces. The popups were occurring when the IE object was used to retrieve web content. The movies scripts are now distributed via the updater.

Comment

Hmm, interesting. How does the Updater download the movie info??

Comment

The updater downloads the files just as if they were in the script library. Otherwise everything else works the same way. The primary difference is that it will identify any dependencies and mark these for download as well. (From the GUI, Help/Updates and click the movies checkbox)

Comment

Working...
            X