Alex Kurz voice events scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Kurz voice events scripts

Hi all. After reading various glowing recommendations I finally downloaded this, however, for some reason it's just not working for me. I've fully trained the (SAPI 5) VR, and the Genie responds fine to everything else, but when I disable the usual (fixed) voice prompts to test the new script, it just deosn't seem to work. I've run the create script to set up the new events, but am I missing anything obvious?

Pete

If it helps, I had to fiddle with the script to get it to work properly, or nearly properly when using SAPI 5 Crystal 16.

Skibum
    Skibumsplace

Comment

I've ordered the new voices, so I'll wait for them to arrive before playing around with it any more. Just seem wierd that all the other VR works fine, it's just this script....

Comment

This may be unrelated but, I had installed and was succesfully using Alex's VR scripts V1.5 for many months.

Then I installed the AT&T 16 bit voices, now all the dim functions are fine, but if I give a On or Off command, it hangs listing on the status bar:
        Scripts running: ak_eventscript_onoff.txt Listening for commands

It does the command, but stops before it would say what command it just did. I have to use task manager to stop HomeSeer and restart it. Here are a few lines from the log:
        5/1/2002 2:59:48 PM~!~Speak~!~yes
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~Voice Trigger (Event On/Off 2)~!~
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~Speak~!~
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~Event Script~!~Device D8 will be turned off at 2:59:54 PM, 5/1/2002
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~Speak~!~The Dining Room Overhead Light is now off.
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~External Trigger (EventScript, D8 off, 5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM)~!~D8 Off (Dining Room Overhead Light)
        5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM~!~Delayed Trigger~!~EventScript, D8 off, 5/1/2002 2:59:54 PM

I am not a very good programmer so I haven't dared to edit the scripts since I don't know what each line does.

Anyone have any ideas?

Doug

Comment

I too just downloaded this script. The three ON/OFF and STATUS commands work great, just can't get the DIM/Bright command to work.

This is a pretty cool script, once you understand the expected sequence of command words. I had to manually edit the device list, to clean out all the variables and motion devices. But then just did a cut & paste from one event to the other.

I have crawlled thru the Dim/Bright script to see why the event is not triggering. I can get this Dim/Bright event to verbally trigger, if I make the last number and percent an optional statement as opposed to mandatory, that is to put a [] around them. Perhaps it doesn't like my percent? I don't ever remember being asked to train % in the voice training. Is that some special word or just a standard old 'percent'?
          Has anybody either experienced this problem, or fixed this somehow?

A Dim event really can't be used, unless I'm capable of telling it what to dim 'to'....so I've got to find a way to fix this. Any ideas?

Win2000 Pro SP2, IE6, 1333Mhz256KRAM, PN576V, MR26a-B10, HS-B42, HSP-B17, VR/TTS-SAPI5

[This message was edited by DaveB on Thursday, 09 May 2002 at 11:58 AM.]

Comment

I too have used this script for a very long time. It has always worked great. After upgrading to HS 1.6, the dim/bright stopped working. I've been playing around with this script to get it working but no luck. I've the "%" to the word "percent" and that didn’t work. I've even removed the % out of the script all together and still nothing. I really believe that the new VR in 1.6 doesn’t like or can recognize the "%". I'm going to order the ATT natural voices and use Crystal. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. If anyone comes up with an answer to this on-going problem, PLEASE let me know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Comment

He must have lost interest or migrated to the Dark Side. Hal 2000.

Ocelot for IR and x10
              HomeSeer Ver 1.6
              HS Phone Ver 1.0.xx

Comment

After upgrading to HS 1.6, I migrated from a modified version of AK Voice Events to the builtin VR. It seems to work faster.

What I miss is the AK status request so I still run a voice activated status request script. I had to modify AK's version extensively so that I could have my garage door status be "open/closed", number of unread emails, etc.

Jim Doolittle
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

Alex still has his website in Germany. I wonder why he hasn't been on the board for such a long time. Is anyone in contact with him?

GenevaDude

Comment

Working...
                  X