Weatherman script causing HS 1.6.2 to hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherman script causing HS 1.6.2 to hang

I've recently installed Weatherman2, set to run once an hour.
    Runs fine for 12-15 hours, then I get a msg box in Win2000 that says: "the script you are running is taking longer to execute than expected..."
    The bottom status lines says it is executing weatherman.txt.
    I have a cable modem and its working fine.
    If I disable Weatherman.txt - no msg box

Anyone have any ideas or an alternate weather script? (Though I really like Weatherman2)

Just this week I started getting the exact same message running weatherman2.txt. My guess is that the site weather.com is experiencing some slow downs and the script is taking longer ot complete. I also noticed that when it does this HomeSeer is frozen until it completes? I'm wondering if I should select the option "Scripts can not timeout" on the general tab of HS options?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey,
      There is a direct replacement for weatherman2.txt. It uses ini and is much more efficient, (quicker) at retrieving the information. It is a direct replacement, keeping the same device codes and such. It is located HERE
      Hope this helps..........JG

The Garage
      3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jebus:
        Hey,
        There is a direct replacement for weatherman2.txt. It uses ini and is much more efficient, (quicker) at retrieving the information. It is a direct replacement, keeping the same device codes and such. It is located http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=4422982445
        Hope this helps..........JG

http://www.crpud.net/~jjgrau<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the script I'm running. Same problem with the timeout. Rupp, if the timeout option helps you let me know. I'll try it myself after giving HS another 24 hrs to stay running.

Comment

Working...
        X