AT&T Voices Weather Report Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT&T Voices Weather Report Discussion

This is the discussion thread for AT&T Voices Weather Report.

Version 1.3.0 has just been released and is renamed "doo_weather.txt".

Jim Doolittle

[This message was edited by Jim Doolittle on Tuesday, 25 June 2002 at 07:58 PM.]
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

I tried to use the script and the first time I ran it it ran OK but now I am getting this error:

9:Subscrpt out of range:'[number: 3]' in line 50

Is this a problem with the script, or with the web site? I tried changing the zip code and even went back to the zip code that came with the original and I still get this error.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Rob

Comment

OK, the subscript error fixed itself, it must have been a web site error. Now when the script runs and speaks, I am getting this:

"Current weather as of 11:16 am, <line> temperature, etc."

Where it is saying "less than line greater than" and then moving on to the next part of the script and then it says it before the "mostly sunny", and before the barometric pressure, etc. I am not using the ATT voices, but I have the script set up like this: const v_today = "" so that it won't try to use any other voices. I like the way this script is running except for the way it is reading the weather.

Also, can I set this up to have a virtual device for the temperature that will update whenever the script runs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Rob

Comment

Had same problem. Need to add line:

txt = Replace(txt,"<line>","")

after line:

txt = Replace(txt,"<Line>","")

In some cases the <line> is coded as <Line> and sometimes as <line>.

ChimpWare
        "Software so easy to use a monkey could do it..."

Comment

Thanks, that worked perfect. Now can I set up a virtual device for the temp so I can reference other things off of it.

Rob

Comment

This version adds support for virtual weather devices and the wind direction phrase was improved. Note that this script was primarily designed to have fun with the AT&T voices.

Normally, I am not a big fan of cluttering up the device status web page with weather, news, movies, etc. However, I do tend to make use of the weather information more than those other pieces of information [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Jim Doolittle
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

I tried the new script, but lost rich and mike. I took a look at the script and noticed that there was "'" in fron of where the voices were defined so I took the ";" away and received an error, so I commented out the lines just below setting the voices to "" and still no rich or mike.

What did I do wrong?

I have all three voices loading at hs startup and they all come up and say they are ready.

thx.

Comment

I had commented out some sections for debugging and now they are fixed. Made "major" changes to code but not the result. Read the instructions and make sure that you change the appropriate variables. I may try to add support for an ini file in the future.

Jim Doolittle

[This message was edited by Jim Doolittle on Thursday, 25 April 2002 at 08:56 PM.]
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Nice work! Sounds good with the ATT voices.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This version utilizes an INI file so that future updates are easier to deal with. The INI file is named my_weather.ini and is located in the HomeSeer config folder.

This version also allow weather to be retrieved for a given timeframe. Read the instructions at the top of my_weather.txt to find out how to use this feature.

Jim Doolittle
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

I made sure that the devicetime of weather devices was updated. I was not aware that setting the device string of a virtual device does not set the last change time.

Jim Doolittle
                      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                      My Hardware & Software

Comment

My family is really enjoying this script. My WAF is increasing and so is my DAFs (daughter acceptance factors, I have three).

This version fixes the time for current weather which the voice was speaking the leading zero. I also fixed the "p/" weather condition to be "partly ...".

Jim Doolittle
                        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                        My Hardware & Software

Comment

This script is great!

I had to add a hs.GetINISetting for Zip, otherwise I kept getting the weather for somewhere else.

Also I was getting "South by at 10", but before I could check to see what was happening, the wind shifted to SE and it started working again.

Bill

Comment

This morning when listen to the weather it was saying the wrong time. I was 6:30 am and it was saying 7:30 am I'm not sure why, my clock was right. I did not have time to go to the weather page and see if that was the problem.

Comment

This version fixes the reading of ZIP code from INI file. That is one reason the time would be off (as well as the weather information).

Realize that the script is using the time contained in text from AccuWeather and not your clock time. That way you will know whether AccuWeather's "current" weather is current or not.

Let me know if I have any other bugs. Sorry for the many changes. Unfortunately, my coding abilities cannot keep up with my ideas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Jim Doolittle
                              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                              X