Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada tv scripts available.

Updated:
    with a few fixes. Fixed some shownames with invalid characters that broke creating events. Removed uneeded arrows from old page. Fixed a problem with the redownload button on the webpage.

Well, I have a set of scripts ready for Canada tv listings. Just the basics so far, no VR. Download and view listings with ir support. The only links working so far is recording, watch, reminders. There's a read me file to tell how to set them up. I just need some people to help test now. You can get them here. Just go to the download page.
    Digi-house

Let me know when you see problems and I'll try to fix them.
    Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Caldwell on Friday, 18 October 2002 at 08:53 PM.]

Hi Tom

So far - great script.

I have noticed a few things.
    1. After setting everything up I stated the download event and after a short while I got the error message 'In GetURL-index out of range. Download seemed to continue ok.

2. In the tvca/tvlistings.asp The powered.jpg is not in the tvca directory (I copied it there). The left and right arrows also are not in the '/images/tvguide/ folder. The URL specified in the left and right arrows call 'tvca/gridlisting.asp' but this file is not part of the download package. I assume the left and right arrows are used to change the range of channels displayed. I'm using StarChoice West.

3. The Edit favorites calls 'tv/tvfavedit.asp' wrong direcory and file not in package.

4. The displayed grid is only using about a 1/2 of my available space on my screen.

5. When I click on the title of a show to view the info. I get a run-time error occured with 'Object expected'.

6. When I clicked to remind me of a show, it created an event properly - I noticed there is a new event group called "TVListingsCA' with the download in it. Could events created for the TVlistings be put into that event group?

7. The selection of day and time as well as the next and prev 3 hours work great!

I don't mean to be critical but you did ask for beta testers and feedback. Form what I've seen so far you've put a huge amount of work into this package. Although I don't have IR (yet!) I can test everything else.

That's all for now.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan,
      thanks for the feedback that's what I need. I should remove the links to the arrows in the listings. tvguidelive used these to switch to next 3 hours, previous 3 hours. Jeff's asp page does this for the listings now.

The GetURL-index out of range error you saw seems to be random. I get these occasionally with all the scripts I have that get info from the web. like you said, it doesn't seem to affect the scripts.

The edit favorites button is for a future addition. Once I have this basic package working well, I want to add a favorite shows addon, to auto create reminders for a list of shows. This and the recording from the webpage listings is my favorite parts of the other tv scripts. So i want to add this later.

Any add ons that need new events will be placed in the "TVListingsCA" group by the install script. The reminders events will be in put in the "TV Reminders" group and recording events will be put in the "TV Record" group.

Thanks again for the help. If you run into anything else let me know.
      Tom
      Digi-house

Comment

Hi Tom

How do you go about seeing more channels? StarChoice goes from 300 up to 654.

When I created a reminder, the event was not placed into any group (blank).

Bryan

Bryan
        Bryan

Comment

I was able to install the script and Homeseer created events for it no problem. However, I'm getting an error in line 44. It says:

Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt 5: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instr' in line 44.

I edited the ini file with the correct tvguidelive username and password.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

Comment

Looks like I have to login to tvguidelive.com successfully from the browser and select all appropriate settings before the TV script will work, is this the case?

I ran the TVDownloadCa event again and this time I got an error at line 187:

Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt 450: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'FormatInfo' in line 187.

Thanks again,

Simon

Comment

Bryan, I tested with Star Choice(east) I'm pretty sure I got all the channels that are listed. Up to 900 or so including the music channels. I did notice that there is an option on tvguidelive.com for setting show all channels. On the customize page. That may be it. Do you remember the show name that you tried? Some show names may have a character in them that vb script doesn't like and I'll have to allow for them. If I remember right from the other scripts, like a ":" colon.

Simon, You shouldn't have to logon from a browser each time to get the download script to run. I did see this a couple times while working on these. And it seems I had a heck of a time getting the tvguidelive pages with a browser. I just thought the website was having a really busy day. That can cause all kinds of problems. If you keep having trouble and you want to you can email me your postal code and the provider you used on the tvguidelive website and I'll test them here. If I can reproduce the problem, I can probably fix it. Also I just used the default settings from they're website. listings 3 hours wide, show all the channels.

Tom
              Digi-house

Comment

Tom,

Thank you very much for your response. I think the "3-hour wide" fixed my script error. I had it set to show all. It's still downloading as I type, it's been about an hour but I know the site is slow.

I get a few of "Could not get data from URL, error....." but it's just probably the link is slow and it timed out somehow.

Now I really need to get Slink-e to take advantage of the script.

Thanks again for your great work.

Simon

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for making the script available. These will really help me out. I get the following error when trying it:

17/10/02 9:46:25 PM~!~tvlistings~!~logging on to tvguidelive.com
                  17/10/02 9:46:25 PM~!~TV Listings~!~Starting the TV Listings download.
                  17/10/02 9:46:33 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 450:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'FormatInfo' in line 187

The Postal Code I'm using is T9K 1H4 and the line-up is "Shaw Cablesystems - Fort Mcmurray, AB".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Al,
                    I tested your provider here. It ran without a problem. Got all the downloads etc. I did find a problem with the redownload button on the webpage that uses that line you saw for the error message. I put an upgrade on the website. The download script is the only change. There still could be a problem with the scripts. It's hard to troubleshoot when there is no error on my end. Did you get any downloads? Or just this error each time it tried.

Tom
                    Digi-house

Comment

Hi Tom,

I got that error everytime I tried executing the script from within Homeseer (not by clicking the button on the web page). I downloaded the new version and now get the following error every time I try:

20/10/02 5:21:25 PM~!~tvlistings~!~logging on to tvguidelive.com
                      20/10/02 5:21:25 PM~!~TV Listings~!~Starting the TV Listings download.
                      20/10/02 5:22:37 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 333

Also, when clicking the "download 'next day'" button on the web page, I get the following errors:

20/10/02 5:32:12 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\PROGRAM FILES\HOMESEER\scripts\Tv Download.txt File not found
                      20/10/02 5:32:12 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: Tv Download.txt: File not found: Tv Download.txt

Should the button be calling tvdownloadca.txt instead?

Also, when clicking the "edit favorites" button, I get the following error:

Path not found File: C:\PROGRAM FILES\HOMESEER\html\tv/tvfavedit.asp

and when clicking the "save" button in the tvlistingscasetup.asp screen I get the following.

HomeSeer internal error
                      File not found File: C:\PROGRAM FILES\HOMESEER\html\tvca/tvlistingssetup.asp

Thanks for following up.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Well It seems tvguidelive.com has made a major change in they're format. So I'm going to have to rewrite some. This may take a while. They have a 30 show limit now for the depth of channels to display. Is this what everyone else see's? I'll have to give this some thought. I'm not really sure at the moment how to handle it.

Tom
                        Digi-house

Comment

I started to make changes to the script to account for their changed format but I thought we both don't have to do that. Let us know when the updates are ready to test.

I'd bet their on to us downloading so much at once. Maybe we could have the script paramter driven that will only download one or two (or x) days at once.

Bryan
                          Bryan

Comment

Well it wasn't quite as bad as I thought. I found you can set the limit in the url higher than the 30 listed in the options. So I set a super high number to make sure all channels are shown. I also changed the format of the urls sent to the geturl function. A few people were seeing a problem with the geturl function. I hope this may fix it. The zip file on the download page is updated. Digi-house

Let me know how it goes.
                            Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick updates! The downloads are now working intermittently which I'm assuming are caused by problems with the site. I've seen a few instances where I get the folllowing error:

21/10/02 9:03:14 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instr' in line 53

When I manually login to the TV Guide website, all my settings seem to be back by default. As soon as I set the correct service provider again, the downloads work again. I also see instances of the following error:

21/10/02 9:08:45 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 344

I'm not sure what causes that error.

I did notice a few problems with functionality. The first problem is that the html files that get created have filenames that are wrong (I think ;-) ). As an example, a file from today has a filename of 102820020000.html which I think should be 102120020000.html. I checked the script and there's a statement "datevariable = Date + 7". Should that be there? With the default filenames, the listings don't show up in tvlistings.asp, but if I manually rename them, to 1021.... they do show up.

The second problem is when clicking on the link created for watch, record, etc. When clicking on those, a new window opens up that has the following in it:

Script Error:
                              1025:Expected end of statement in line 2

Here's an example of a link: javascriptpen_window('/tvca/recordca.asp?action=record&showname=NFL Football&channel=4&date=10/28/2002&starttime=2100&stoptime=2200&detail=8230,294000,{456BF3 0F-FBEA-4F6B-9C56-E0B25DD68E50}')

The third problem is related to removing some channels using the "Arrange line-up" option on the TV Guide web-site. If you remove channels from your profile, the html file that gets created has some incorrect formatting.

Let me know if you need any additional info on what I'm seeing.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X