No announcement yet.

Canada tv scripts available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the same error that Paul is getting.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Comment

Tom check your email
      i deleting the tvlistings folder then tried the download all over agai same error tried downloading from web page same error

thanks
      paul

Comment

ok, I did figure something out. That error is from the login from the download script. After checking my settings on tvguidelive. It wasn't using the options I set. After login it's supposed to go to the grid page. I had to go through the pages again and set the options and go to a page of listings in the browser. It even timed out a couple of times while I tried to view the listings. After that the download started working right again. They were down all day yesterday. It may have messed something up somewhere.

Hope this helps
        Tom
        Digi-house

Comment

Hi Tom,

It's working OK for me now. I've had to redo my seetings on the TV Guide website a few times now over the last week. Would it be possible to detect this in the script and create some type of alert or write it to the log file?

I'm also making good progress on the digital/analog thing. I'll email it to you when I have it done.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

ok, I'd like to see it when your done. I was checking my cookies after that last bout of not remebering my settings. It seems that I have 4 different cookies from the web site. From my testing I guess. I'm wondering if it is possible for more than one to confuse the website. It's been a couple weeks since i had to go to the site to do this. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Tom
            Digi-house

Comment

Hi Tom,

I should have something to send you on the weekend.

I'm still seeing some errors during the scheduled downloads. I'm thinking that these are probably related to the tv guide website not returning info or that it's too slow. Last night (after having deleted the TV Guide folder), the download stopped after day 4 with the following error message:

28/10/02 1:00:31 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instr' in line 440

The last file created was 110120020000.html which was 0 bytes in size. Because the website performance seems so inconsistent, it may help to setup the script to start where it last finished instead of trying to redownload everything again.

Thanks
              Al

Comment

Hi Tom,

It looks like the script has a problem downloading the listings for anything after October 31. Every time I run the script, it dies with the following error when it creates the first Nov file:

Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instr' in line 441

I tried changing my system settings to November 1 and 10, and when I do that, the script fails with that same error when it's on the first file. Anyone else see the same thing? Any ideas Tom?

Thanks
                Al

Comment

Hi all,

Tom and I just resolved the issue above off line. The problem was the short date format on my PC. It needs to be set to mm/dd/yy. Mine was set to dd/mm/yy. Looks like it worked the last part of October because the dates weren't ambiguous. However since 01/11/02 could be either November 1 or January 11, the TV Listings web site did not return the right info.

Al

Comment

I tried again to download the listings - changed my system short date to be mm/dd/yy and I got the error:

11/3/02 8:51:23 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: TVDownloadCa.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 358

I redid my favorites on the TVGuide live site. What should the settings be for the profile at tvguidelive?

I don't even get one file complete in the listing directory (it's 102420020000.html with zero length).

Bryan
                    Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Are you using the latest version of the script?

The following TV Guide options must be set (from Tom's message near the top):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The grid option must be 3 hours wide. And there's a option in the customize logon that should be set to start with grid after logon.
                      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, your date from the log file doesn't quite look right. Mine shows 11/03/02 instead of 11/3/02. You may want to play with yor settings until the date show 11/03/02 and try it again.

Al

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Al.

I did have the most recent version of the scripts and my preferences were set to 3 hours and start with grid. After changing the system date format to MM/DD/YY I tried it again - same thing. Then I thought - maybe I have to restart HS. After restarting HS it seems to be working now.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe Tom should include this tip in the install instructions.

Bryan
                        Bryan

Comment

The downloads are still working great but the date that is put into the htm files for the reminder is 11/4/2002 rather than what I think it should be 11/04/2002. Because of that I get this:

Script Error:
                          13:Type mismatch: 'ShowDate' in line 69

I put a debug line just beofre that line and the date is "11/4/2002&". I think it's because the month should be 04.

By the way - this script is great. I can't wait to get this all working - then there's IR in the future.

Bryan
                          Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Ran into the same issue last night and send Tom an email. I imagine he'll have the fix it in the next release. If you feel comfortable fixing it yourself, open recordca.asp in notepad and find the following section:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 'This parses the date.
                            StartPosition = Instr(lnk, "date=")
                            StartPosition = StartPosition + 5
                            ShowDate = Mid( lnk, StartPosition, 10)
                            </pre>

and change it to this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 'This parses the date.
                            StartPosition = Instr(lnk, "date=")
                            StartPosition = StartPosition + 5
                            StartPosition2 = Instr(StartPosition,lnk,"&")
                            ShowDate = Mid( lnk, StartPosition, StartPosition2-StartPosition)
                            </pre>

Hope that helps.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Hi Al

I fixed it by making sure the date was in the format MM/DD/YYYY.

Add these lines in the FormatInfo function in TVDownLoadCA.txt (after the last DIM statement:

dim tvmonth
                              dim tvday
                              dim tvyear

' fix the date in the htm file
                              tvmonth = month(Fdate)
                              if tvmonth &lt; 10 Then tvmonth = "0" & tvmonth
                              tvday = day(Fdate)
                              If tvday &lt; 10 Then tvday = "0" & tvday
                              tvyear = year(Fdate)
                              Fdate = tvmonth & "/" & tvday & "/" & tvyear

I did notice that reminders are still placed into the 'not grouped' group for events.

Bryan
                              Bryan

Comment

There's a big update to the Canada tv listings scripts. Al Vonkeman added some cool features. You can now use the watch link to create events to change the channel. For instance, look through the listings and choose a whole nights viewing entertainment. Homeseer will change the channels for you all night. Very cool stuff. Also some bug fixes from both of us. There's also some new enhancements to the setup page. More options for ir. You can set the record and change channel device from the setup page and Homeseer will remember the settings between sessions. You can also enter ir codes for equipment that need a code entered before the channels. Such as discrete on off codes,ok or enter key,etc. Support added for cable set top boxes. So the scripts can determine analog or digital channels. The table background colors are customizable with homeseer style sheet now.

If you want to try them. get them on the download page here.
                                Digi-house

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X