Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love XLGraph!!

I love this script..
    About 10 min. configuration and I have it generating graphs out of my 1-wire temperature database!

Thanks Jim!

[This message was edited by davistw on Monday, 01 July 2002 at 01:47 PM.]

Why a thumbs down then?

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Loose nut on the keyboard.....

Comment

I gues I haven't been watching carefully enough. This looks really cool, but I don't think I have the spare time to figure all of it out. Has anyone done a script to log TEMP05 readings to an Access DB that can be read by XLGraph? I'd really love to start from someone else's successes. At the rate I am going, I won't have time to figure it out myself for months...

Steve

Comment

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

-Rupp
          ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...284#1762928284

Comment

I have found one problem with XLGraph but haven't had time to troubleshoot/fix it yet. It seems if the table/query that you point it to does not have any data it errors out and leaves the excel application open.

I have a query that filters my temperature data for current day and a recurring 5 min event that posts the graph. At midnight when the query returns no data is when it blows up.

Comment

Now that you mention it I remember having this happen before but I apparently never fixed it.

I'll take a look at it tonight (assuming I don't get stuck at work). There are a couple of other small things I want to fix/change anyways.

Probably what I'll do is have it exit and, optionally, write an entry to the logifle.

jim

Comment

I've uploaded a new version to the script library here

v1.2 update
                  -added bLogErrors=True|False ;defaults to True
                  -fixed error when no records returned on query (exits cleanly now)
                  -adjusted for error when more records returned than expected

I caught something else that I'm trying to figure out- usually Excel scales the graph of my temperatures from 0 to maximum value or so. Occasionally it will scale from min value to max value.

Comment

Steve, I do collect Temp05 data in a database and display it using a technique similiar to what I did for graphing motion patterns. It uses standard HTML for all the graphics so it will work with most clients. For the temperatures I colorize between dark blue and hot pink to visually show the temperature intensities. Various time periods can be shown, but with the example attached it is easy to see the daily patterns as well as the periods of cool vs warm weather over the past month. I can post it if you are interested.

Comment

Please post your example, it look good

Comment

I do like the idea of what you have done, but I probably would be more interested in something that would allow me to plot a full page line plot of the six different sensors I have. Eventually, I might want to do what you've done also. For me here in Denver, I'd like to look at what the temps did during the day, and see what the low was (and when), how the house temps did (do I need to boost one room or not), etc.

If your scripts post to an Access database like XLgraph needs (you didn't say in your post), I might be able to just use it as an example. Then later I might add the cool one-page view you have.

Steve

Comment

This is the script that I use to log temperatures from an Ocelot but assuming you have the temperatures in HS variables it shouldn't take long to adapt it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It seems that XLGraph and my 1Wire database are incompatible. My database only has 3 fields, DTime, Location, Temperature. It also only updates the database when the temperatures change, so there are no exact number of data items in a day.

Can I modify how I save the 1Wire data, generated by Pete's plug-in, or can I modify the XLGraph program?

Thanks for any help...

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

I posted the files to collect and generate the display at Temperature

The data is collected in an access database at a user-specified rate. The database is organized with an unique record ID, Date/Time of data capture, and 20 fields to hold temperature readings. Recoding can be specified to be out of the comm interrupt or via a periodic event.

The display has a number of options for the period of data to display on the "Period" pulldown. One is for a single day of data which gives resolution down to about 5 minutes per pixel.

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Thursday, 11 July 2002 at 04:21 AM.]

Comment

Working...
                              X