[ASP] Graphical Device Status and Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASP] Graphical Device Status and Control

X10 Status is a web page that graphically displays a range of devices showing status
    as well as providing a icon to click to change the status. Mouse-over actions display
    the homeseer device location and name for the device icon. The icon is a small led
    with color of red, yellow, green, light blue, or dark blue to indicate current status of
    off, dim, on, unknown, not defined with homeseer, respectively. The overall view of the
    grid provides a good glimpse of the overall mapping of defined devices and their current
    state.

It is useful as a test page as well as a good view of what devices are defined within
    homeseer.

The status is updated periodically using hidden frame technology so only the led's that
    change will be updated. The update rate is defined at the top of the file. Likewise the
    range of devices to display is selectable. By default the entire homeseer set of house
    codes A-Z and device code 1-64 are generated. A display this dense is not appropriate for
    a low-powered client such as Audrey.

When an icon is clicked the state is toggle off-on, or off-dim-on if the device is dimable.
    If it is in the X10 range then the X10 command will be generated, otherwise status will
    be updated directly. Undefined devices will still generate X10 traffic, however since
    homeseer is not aware of these devices the status will not be updated.

When the mouse is positioned over an icon the homeseer device name is displayed next to the
    cursor and in the status window for IE. If it is not defined, then only the house and
    unit codes are shown.

Archive is located in Script library at
    Graphical Device Status and Control
    Attached Files

Where would I find the hiddenframe.asp referenced to in the includes?

Comment

Reference is contained in the archive's readme file. You will need to read this file to set it up. The link is
      HiddenFrame

Comment

as the subject says.

It was pretty early this morning, next time I will rtfm

Comment

When viewing the X10 status page using IE6 and XP it comes up fine then the current IE screen goes white - I find that another (or sometimes 2) IE sessions have been started and this is where I will find the X10 status page.

Similarly - the first time I try to change a device status it works fine - after that I get what seems like a "debounce" problem when mouse clicking; ie multiple commands for each click - I can tell this as I have the IE sounds option turned on so I get a noise whenever it thinks there is a mouse click.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I suspect you have the .asp called up on your URL rather than the .html file. The html file will load the asp and provide another pair of frames where the updates can be performed behind-the-scenes.

Comment

I am interested in running the x10status and received this error(s)

Is the registration the issue , what would be my next step ?

Thanks Richard G.

HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
              HomeSeer internal error
              File: D:\HomeSeer\html\/includes/HiddenFrame.asp
              Script error: Unable to open registry key "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Border" for reading. tblwidth = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Border")
              tblpadd = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_CellPadding")
              tblspc = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_CellSpacing")
              tblwide = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Width")

End if

' This function is called by both CustomHeader and CustomFooter to create the appropriate links on the page.
              Function CreateLinkBar()

Dim checkfirst, dirchar, strOutput, strLinks, excludeStyle

strLinks = FileContents("links.htm")

If strLinks <> "" Then

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
              HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I think that this is the same problem that many have had over the months with the registry not containing the keys for the homeseer web server. In my case I used regedit to create each key of type string with an empty value for each. I believe I saw a post where all that had to be done was from the options menu to disable the homeseer web server then reenable it so it will create these keys. Some searching on the board, especially in the Script archive, should bring up several hits on this subject

Comment

Thanks for information, but I can't get it to register the "objects"

Tried start,stop web server per the forum search...but not working. Getting the same registery lines.....

If any one elso has this working are there any suggestions ? I like the display functions this feature gives.

File: D:\HomeSeer\html\/includes/HiddenFrame.asp
                  Script error: Unable to open registry key "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Border" for reading. tblwidth = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Border")
                  tblpadd = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_CellPadding")
                  tblspc = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_CellSpacing")
                  tblwide = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\TABLE_Width")

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Richard G
                  HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Merge the attached file into your registry to create the missing entries. This is a slight variation on one posted by Mike Hunter here. Mine is an export from Windows 98.

Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is anyone else having a problem with this script? It stopped working for me, and I'm getting the following error:

Script error: Type mismatch: 'cint' if ucase(d.hc) <= ucase(houseMax) and ucase(d.hc) >= ucase(houseMin) and cint(d.dc) >= unitMin and cint(d.dc) <= unitMax Then

I played with the max & min values to cut down what would be reported, but it didn't help. I then commented out the lines that do the check for a valid range (just to get all), and got an error on an "asc" command in the code. It seems as if it's now written in a language HS doesn't understand! The script/display is a nice utility to see what's going on everywhere at a glance.

Matt Z.

Comment

I suspect that homeseer has a device code messed up in your configuration. For your own benefit to learn the offending device then put something like the following before the line you refereneced with the cint

if not isNumeric(d.dc) Then
                        hs.writelog "Invalid Device", d.name & ",", & d.hc & d.dc
                        end if

Comment

Michael - you were right on target. I had a duplicate device name (without a house/device code). I deleted it, and the program came back to life.

Thanks!

Matt Z.

Comment

Got the following error when I ran the asp.

Script error: Unable to open registry key "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\gNavigationLoc" for reading.linkshow = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\gNavigationLoc")
                            voiceshow = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\webvenabled")
                            bodyload = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AutoHome\Settings\BODY_OnLoad")

It looks like this error has been had by others but I couldn't follow the fix.

Help appreciated.

Comment

That error is because header.asp in Michael's zip was written for an older version of HomeSeer that stored those settings in the registry. Jeff Farmer's includes are updated to work with the current version.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X