Webpage IR Control discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webpage IR Control discussion

The setup instructions seem a bit skimpy. I put the two .asp files into my HomeSeer HTML directory and then browsed to the ir_setup.asp one, and got a nearly empty page -- header bar, then bottom links, nothing between. Tried in both Opera and IE, same results. Nothing in the log. No error messages.

I've got the "standard includes" (I wish you guys would come up with a real name for them) installed but not much else. If there's more required, I don't know what's needed.

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Hunter,
    Don't know when this changed but the irlbl.cfg file changed to the config directory from the homeseer directory a while back. Just a thought.....JG

The Garage
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Well, I didn't think these pages would need any directions. I tested them out to some friends and the only instructions I gave was put them in a directory. It does expect the irlbl.cfg file to be in the config directory, but I thought that HomeSeer put it there automatically.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I just put the two files into HS/html and opened ir_setup.asp.

my irlbl.cfg is in hs/config.

BTW how did you get it so the page doesn't refresh (or does it?).

Works great! Best IR page yet!

Comment

I can't check on it from here, so I'll check when I get home. But I can tell you that HomeSeer can see my IR stuff just fine, so wherever it is, it's where HomeSeer expects it. Also, I'm not getting any error messages saying that it can't find the irlbl.cfg file or anything, I'm just getting an empty page.

Comment

It's in the HomeSeer directory. HomeSeer doesn't seem to mind -- and it never moved the files either.

I'll try moving them when I can shut HomeSeer down for a few minutes. But you might want to make your script able to handle this configuration, since HomeSeer not only can, but doesn't seem to insist (it never asked me to move the files and it never moved them itself).

Comment

I don't remember moving my irlbl.cfg file. I thought HS moved it when I initially upgraded to a version that supported ini files in the config directory.

I'll add an option so the location of the file can be set. For now, you can edit line 7 of ir_setup.asp. Just remove the config part of the file path.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Check the config, and if the file's not found, check the HomeSeer root. It's only a few more lines of code to do it that way, then it'll work on anyone's system with no configuration required. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                X