X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Weather Service Site

A link off the METAR site yields this info:

Linky

Nice info, forcast and icons and might be more stable as a government site than weather.com.

This is the page I have used for over three years to get my weekly forecast and local weather and its only changed twice. The current information is METAR and so is the info for the weather channel. If you notice they are identical. The problem with METAR is it only updates once an hour, but for most thats probably good enough.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have a script you are willing to share?

All I really care about is temp & humidity - the forecast is nice too...

Thanks!

Jason

Comment

I simply browse to that URL. I haven't automated any data capture from this site just a good old fashion http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...ncounty=alc089

-Rupp

Comment

I have taken a look at the NWS page, several times. For a wetaher URL, the NWS is great. My local region has recently added some very cool features like a java map and a .wav of the old telephone style weather report(both easy to code into your individual HS .asp pages)

For obtaining code for weatherman, I found three problems:

1) NWS would only helpful for within the US.
          2) The html has changed from time to time.
          3) Different NWS regions seem to use different formats.

This is why I have suggested going directly to METAR to obtain the weather demographics. For forecasts and warnings, IWIN from the NWS is a good idea.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
            http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecas...ncounty=alc089
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the weather page I've been looking for - it has everything I want and not a lot of junk I don't!

Newbie question: Okay, so now I want to link this from my HS pages... I know how to go in and extract an image using &lt;img src="..."&gt; but how do I put the whole page into HS while retaining my header info etc at the same time? I also tried &lt;embed src="..."&gt; bit that is not the complete answer either.

I tried what I know how to do so far (see attached file). What am I doing wrong/missing?

Many Thanks,
            Jcd

Comment

Here you go. Just added an IFrame tag.

-Rupp
              Attached Files

Comment

THANK YOU!

Jcd

Comment

Not to argue with you but there is no way on this earth that any MSNBC site is going to be quicker or more clear of HTML tags than the offical NOAA metar site.

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl

Nor this XML based site. It is even cleaner and its from MSNBC

http://weather.interceptvector.com/w...ity=Huntsville
                  -Rupp

Comment

Michael could you adjust your previous post, it is shifting everything way to the right.

(Thanks!)

Back to the thread-

I am in strong favor of using the official NWS Internet Weather Source.

A big advantage is that the information is Public Domain.

The page seems to load fast (somebody could test with a browser like opera)

The data will be very easy to parse.

The page should be very stable.

The page usess METAR codes for arounfd the world.

I plan to work out the parsing for my own use over Thanksgiving. I will post it for anyone to use and it will be easy to adapt for weatherman.

No reason not to use other weather sources as well.

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Wednesday, 27 November 2002 at 12:35 PM.]

Comment

Working...
                    X