Empty Pages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Pages!

Is everyone having a problem with the TVListings? All I get is blank pages in the \tv\tvlistings dir.

Strange thing is, I can get to Gist.com & see the listings from my profile.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I'm missing all my shows man!

Thanks for anyone's assistance.

I just selected download for Sunday Dec 1st and it updated perfectly.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

They are also giving an extra ad cookie now that stops you from going there if you dont let the ad load when you go there with your browser. Some other company picked up Gist.com and changed it to a jscript routine. Thats why listings come up blank....JG
      Hey RUPP, delete all of sunday's listings and see if they come back.
      The Garage
      HS2PRO - Ocelot, SecuIR, Secu16, Attendence Management Alarm Interface, X-10, LCD Studio VFD Display, 3 Apexis IP Cams, Custom Software Interfaces, GMQ Geiger Graphing
      HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

Are you using some type of cookie blocking software? Like I just said, 20 minutes ago I updated just fine?

-Rupp
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Rupp,
          I found that my listings were not even being overwritten. Till I deleted them and they never came back. Just zero byte files. I really don't know exactly why, I just know it's not working here....JG

The Garage
          HS2PRO - Ocelot, SecuIR, Secu16, Attendence Management Alarm Interface, X-10, LCD Studio VFD Display, 3 Apexis IP Cams, Custom Software Interfaces, GMQ Geiger Graphing
          HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

I will try some more......JG

The Garage
            HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

You guys are right, I went to Gist and my profile was there, Still no download. I then went to my profile and saved it again. Now it downloaded every thing but today. I had checked in cookies folder earlier and gist cookie was there. Maybe it expired with the changes?. Thanks for the help all...JG

The Garage
              HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

I set cookie handling to accept all. Still no good here either. I can't even get to gist.com anymore from my browser. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

JustOneMore

Comment

It takes FOREVER to get to the site just keep trying.

-Rupp
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe the cookie deal is the problem. Although I can't get to the site to re-create the cookies. . . I recently installed a cleaner and it wiped my original cookies.

I'll keep trying. Thanks for responses.

Comment

The GIST website is going up and down and/or is very, very slow at times. It was accessible earlier today, but now is not.

This is more than just a cookie problem. I was going to also post in the beta section. I'm running 1.6.29, I can't run 1.6.30 because it breaks the Doomotion plug-in, but I did test this using 1.6.30 and it doesn't work either, also went back to earlier betas, and those also failed.

Using GetUrl, HS returns an empty string about half the time when accessing GIST pages, but not always. GetURLIE always returns the pages, and the pages are available using IE directly. I set up a test script and couldn't figure out why sometimes the pages were returned and sometimes not. Even the main GIST page would sometimes be returned, sometimes not using GetURL, but always with GetURLIE, and IE.

So I've spent much of today tweaking the TV scripts to use GetURLIE, which returns different results (basically the html tag values are all upper case) in the process I also got color back in the display and fixed the details script. I don't normally use the web page stuff, I use all VR and TTS, so this was important to me.

I also learned a lot in the process. Those are some very well thought out scripts! I also see why they are so slow for me. I have about 80 channels defined, my three hour html files average about 350K. It takes HS about a minute to load one of those into a string variable, which is how this package works. I'm going to remove some of the channels I don't watch much. But I'm also going to look into what it would take to convert the scripts to two hour parts rather than three. Redoing these scripts to handle the data any other way would be a complete rewrite, and that would be a major undertaking.

Bill

Comment

I also just tried GIST. The site is either down or very slow. Probably best to wait a couple of days to see if they can get their bugs worked out.

Comment

Would you be so kind and post your changes to get hs.geturlIE working? I started down that path when gist.com started having serious problems and couldn't finish the process. I don't mind duplicating efforts, but what's the point? If you'd post a small zip of just the stuff you had to change to get it to download....

Also, to get it to just read 2 hours instead of 3, change your profile to show 2 hours, and in tvdownload.txt, Sub CreateTvTxt, change the for loop 0000 to 2300 just before the "next" where it has hour = hour + 300 to hour = hour + 200. It should then index by 2 hours. You'll have to make sure it quites correctly at 2200 as well.

Hope that helps.

huggy(d1)
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                          X