Spinner TIVO with Framed Now Playing Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,

I did not see where you posted the ASP version of this. Did you post it or send it in a seperate email.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Comment

Well I decided that I will stay with Win2k Pro. I didn't see much improvement with Advanced Server but I did have more overhead in using it. Also as Michael said you lose the ability to use some utilities. I did how ever go through and tune up my system. I had some problems with 'hidden' drivers on the comm ports. I also defragged the HD and converted to NTFS which really helped (thought I had done that already). I had 5 zones of NPFrame running at one time and hit averages of 15% CPU usage (spikes of 70% when the CD was changed). It really is running much smoother. I run a 850MHZ Celeron, an ATI Rage Pro video card, Xitel USB ANI sound for MP3's and a PCI128 sound card for TTS. I am also running a dual keyboard and mouse setup. One is wireless for my home theatre system to watch internet streaming video on my 35 inch Sony. Works great. BYU TV comes in well.

John
      John

Comment

Mike,
        I Emailed it to John and did not post it. Over the months both John and I have made changes to better fit our respective configurations. The most signficant of which for me, before the IIS-related changes, was the use of ocelot to control IR, addition of button to transfer a playlist set of files to a CD burner, addition of VR, use of some VB executables to better manage the startup/shutdown of CDJ and TTF, and changed the button row to make the icons large enough for a finger. I also played with cdj_albums2.txt because my library was getting so large with Spinner TIVOs accumulations that I needed some filtering of what albums to include.

You are also welcome to the files via Email but I do not want to post them to avoid confusion with what is generally working for many in the script library.

Comment

Actually I rethought the IIS conversion. I have read that the Audrey can ask for more then one connection (my Win2k guru and future son in law tested it and confirmed that). So with 4 Audreys and 3 PC's banging on IIS under Win2k Pro I would hit the 10 user limit no doubt. With the new twaeking on Homeseer and my Win2k Pro setup this seems stable now. I will wait and see.

John
          John

Comment

Working...
          X