Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about installing Movies off of HS update..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about installing Movies off of HS update..

If I read right. There are X steps to install this.

1. Download from updater
    2. Edit Movies Zip and Theaters for my particulars
    3. Create an event to execute the MoviesInstall.txt script.
    4. Fire off the event.

Is there anything I am missing?

You also have to have a scheduled task to download the movie info. I beleive it is called movies update or somthing like that.

Comment

i was just wondering will this script work in canada for getting movies here ?

thanks in advance
      paul

Comment

The periodic event is created when you run moviesInstall.txt. I think if your theater ID is listed in the theater id's file then it should work. If not then it will not

Comment

When I ran the movies task manually instead of waiting till 3 am it put a error in the log.
          FileFromWeb process never started.

Something I should worry about?

Comment

Before I discovered better ways I used a virtual device to handshake start/stop status between movies.vbs and FileFromWeb.exe. The device selected was your Theater House Code, unit code 1. Since I no longer require the virtual devices to exist, then I also need to remove this dependency.

To make what you have work the following need to exist:
            1) A virtual device defined at TheaterHouseCode & "1" which defaults to "T1"
            2) FileFromWeb.exe needs to exist in homeseer root directory.
            3) DCOM setup for homeseer to be interactive

The message means that movies.vbs tried to run FileFromWeb.exe but FileFromWeb never wrote back to the virtual device to indicated that it started. There may be other reasons, but the three I itemized above are what comes to mind.

FileFromWeb.exe gets the posters and ratings. If it does not run then you will be without these images.

Comment

I have posters working fine. But no "T1"...

Comment

Makes sense. FileFromWeb is running, it just is not able to give feedback to the movies.vbs. It been too long since I worked on it to remmember why I had the coordination implemented. Apparently it is no longer needed.

Comment

I created a dummy "t1" and the error went away...

Comment

One other thing. The install created a device V1.. Can I delete this?

Comment

I suspect this is created to store the movies tasking information. You should have a value specified in the mcsTasks.ini for movies which indicates that you want the movies.vbs execution to be monitored by the Tasks package. If you are not running the Tasks package then make the changes in mcsTasks.ini to put an empty string for movies application, rerun the install script, then delete V1. If you delete it without the prior steps then movies.wsf should fail.

I provided an update to Rich based upon your feedback. The poster will now be downloaded without needing a virtual device. I also fixed some formatting in Theater_list.asp. I tagged it with a low priority to Rich so dont expect to see the update immediately.

Comment

Got the update and applied. Looks like it works.
                        Can I delete the t1 and V1 virtual devices without it blowing up now?

PS. You might give a thought to including the Orbitz popup killer in the movies.vbs... I had to put it back in...

See:
                        Orbitz popup discussion...

Thanks for the excellent work....

Comment

I can't find Theater_Ids.txt
                          I also get the following error message.

Attached Files

Comment

My mistake on the movies.wsf file including a reference to iegeturl. I tried to remove them all, but missed this one. Just delete that line from the file.

The TheaterIds.txt file is in the updater package. It should have been placed in the \docs subdirectory.

With the current updater versions of movies there is no use of iegeturl or hsgeturl so I do not believe there should be any orbitz popups. Please confirm that they are being generated by this package.

The T1 can be deleted. The V1 should also be able to be deleted. It will be created again if you run moviesInstall.txt. I took care of this recreation in version 4.1.1 which will be availalbe soon.

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Thursday, 07 November 2002 at 06:57 PM.]

Comment

Yup, didn't look in the/docs.

Comment

Working...
                              X