Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the new Shopping List script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the new Shopping List script?

Has anyone tried the new shopping list script? It's available from the new update feature? It seems to offer an option for voice dictation.

Digihouse
    Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Caldwell on Thursday, 04 July 2002 at 03:22 AM.]

Who wrote it? Just curious where they got the docs to develope the install info.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The script is from Homeseer Tech. If I remember right. They released the updater and said they were working on the docs. Most of the info is in this thread Beta 57

Digihouse
      Tom

Comment

Just tried. Dictation recognition was fair but improved after a training session.

Hamberger ----> "Bamberger"
        Mashed Potatotes -------> "Mashed Pot" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Sunday, 30 June 2002 at 09:28 PM.]

Comment

Did the updater set the script up? Or did you have to manually set it up? I haven't had much luck with it.

Digihouse
          Tom

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did the updater set the script up? Or did you have to manually set it up? I haven't had much luck with it.
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once the updater sets it up, you need to modify the script.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ' To have HS use dictation to recognize shopping list items, set this to 1
            ' Note that you will need at least a 500MHZ processor for dictation to work reliably
            ' You will need to re-install the script if you change this

const USE_DICTATION = 1
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change USE_DICTATION to = 1 (as above)

Then rerun the script (give a command such as configure shopping list.)
            Exit the script and rerun using the command

add xyz to the shopping list

Comment

Always gives me an error

saveitem mid(cmd,5,i-6)

The error has a problem with the "mid" in line 38

Ocelot for IR and x10
              HomeSeer Ver 1.5.2 B4x
              HS Phone Ver 1.0.17
              Ocelot Plugin 1.0.14

Comment

I keep getting this error when the updater tries to install the script.

70:Permission denied: 'inputbox' in line 124

Digihouse
                Tom

Comment

I get the same error for the shopping list script as well as the weather script. I already have another of each running. When I look, it has created events for those new scripts, but nothing in the run script box (I am assuming that is what inputbox is referring to).
                  I tried it on my test machine (which has NO shopping or weather script running), and it works fine there.

Comment

saveitem mid(cmd,5,i-6)

I got that error in the script as well. I believe it had to do with fact that i is set to be instr "to". If you add anything that starts with to- it flags an error. I noticed because it misinterpretted one of my words as "touch". To fix, change i to be instr(1,cmd,"to the shopping list"). So, unless you add to the shopping list to the shopping list- you should be all set.

I also editted the script to add a "delete last added item from list". This is extremely useful if something gets misinterpretted.

If this appeals to anyone, I will clean it up and post it.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I made the changes suggested (instr(1,cmd,"to the shopping list"). ) but still get the error on line 38. Help please!

Comment

Are you using dictation? If not- are the items you are speaking set up properly in the speech window?

ex. add (milk | bread | tomatoes) to the shopping list

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

wpiman

My plan is to use dictation, but I never get that far. When I execute the script nothing happens, and the log file gets the line 38 error.

So far I have set the dictation flag in the script to 1, and made the change that you suggested in your previous post.

I'm really new at this, and really appreciate your help.
                          Thanks
                          Tom

Comment

How do you executing the script?

If you are hitting the test button- you will probably get the error on the mid. The problem is is that the script expect voice arguements- and if you simply press the test button- no arguements are passed.

I expect if you invoke the script with voice commands your headaches will go away.

I hear you- I am new at this too.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

wpiman

I'm sure that is the problem. I was just setting up VR and was doing to many things at once. I didn't want to go past the "test" button, until I got through with the VR training.

I won't be able to test until the weekend, but I'll post once I do the test.

Thanks!
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X