Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraView 2 - Refresh

Hi Everybody,

I just updated from an older version of UltraView (don't remember which one) to the most recent. Everything works ok, there ist just one thing I find a bit disturbing:

My old version was able to update a device status without reloading the whole page (including the floor plan).

In the new version after every status change, the popup "Refresh in progress..." comes up and the whole page is reloaded.

Is that normal? Is there any cure??

Thanks,

Alex

P.S.: Thanks Rupp. I wasn't aware that I posted this question in a read-only area...

And it becomes even stranger:

I found a way how to suppress the reloading of the entire page.

- Loading UltraView
    - Typing any bogus URL and let the URL load (or the error message come up if the page doesn't exist)
    - Pressing the "Back" button of my browser (IE6)

UltraView would (of course) reload and from this moment on it behaves as it is supposed: when I switch a light, only the icons would reload, not the entire page.

Is this strange or not???

cu
    Alex

Comment

Ultra View2 only reloads the underlying XML, not the HTML page itself. The pop-up just shows you a refresh is in progress. Your floor plan should never get refreshed unless you switch floors.

The newer version of Ultra View2 is much more effecient than any of the older versions. Plus, the XML never gets saved to disk like older versions.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I know it is supposed to work this way, but it didn't.
        Anyway, I found what the problem was: I was using HS 1.6.0. Using this version with UltraView causes the problem as I described it. I switched to 1.6.32 and the problem is gone.

Thanks,
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X