Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure Links Installation

For the folks that are using Secure Links - some questions:

- Is login.asp set up as the first custom web page?

- What devices are used for the high/low/forecast displayed on the header?

Thanks!

Matt Z.

Mattz,

login.asp doesn't necessary to be the first page. It depends on how you want to set up SecureLinks. SecureLinks can remember where you login from; so for example, if you don't want to login every time from work, you can have it to remember the IP address.

However, if you want to login to HS every time you use it, then it's a good idea to put SecureLinks as the first page.

As for the weather forecast, I believe it uses one of the weather scripts posted in the Scripts section. I'm not using this feature as I'm in Canada.

Hope it helps,

Simon

Comment

Thanks Simon - your comments triggered me to do a text search on the script files, and I was able to trace the SecureLinks header info to Weatherman. My Weatherman scripts don't capture the information that Secure Links is looking for. I've looked for updates to the scripts, but don't see any that include the high/low/etc. values. I'll have to check around, but I think I saw that CFGuy has a weather display page that shows *many* other weather values.

Is anyone else using expanded Weatherman, other than the 7/17 update and the recent update (WeatherCom_Parse.inc)? Or is it another script that is supplying these values?~!!

Matt Z.

Comment

Matt,

Glad to know you're making progress. I believe SecureLinks looks for an ini file called WeatherData.ini located in config directory. See if it exists in your setup and if it does, open it up and check what's in it.

One thing to make sure the script is saving data is to modify an entry in the ini file (i.e. current temp). Run the weather script and see if it updates the value.

Sorry, that's all I know about the weather script.

Simon

Comment

The includes had support for a new weatherman script added in. I'll check and see if the new version is ready to be posted yet.

Jeff Farmer

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X