Tv Favorites mutipule shows at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Favorites mutipule shows at same time

Ok I'm loosing WAF when the TV favorites v1.6 finds a favorite show on two channels at the same time. The reminder speech plays both messages at the same time and creates an echo'ing speech the isn't understandable.

We get two NBC's one from Philly and one from NYC so when ever a network show is found on our favorite on NBC we can count on the echo.

Has anyone looked into this "problem"? Any advice?

Thanks
    Tim

Tim,

Not sure what you mean by echo. The way HS works, only one item will be spoken at one time, they might be back to back, but should not be spoken at the same time.

The way favorites works is that the script does a search on GIST for whatever you specify. The results are put into one or more events.

The event name is made up of show title, date, time and channel. If the channel was removed from the event name, then the situation you are talking about would be a duplicate, and so therefore only one event would be created. Is this what you want to do? If so, I can help you tweak the script to do this. I am not aware that this would cause any other kinds of problems, but it could. The spoken text is created separately from the name, so that would not be affected, although I'm not sure which channel would be spoken without experimenting.

Bill

Comment

What's happening is the script is creating the reminder events and for shows like Dateline that are aired on both channel 4 and channel 10 at 10PM. Both of these events have the same exact trigger time, and when that time comes it's triggering both reminder events at the exact same time and it's speaking them both at the same time. The resulting sound is like an echo, with the only difference being the channel number.

So I guess the only problem is the identical trigger time for shows that start at the same time because it's triggering them simultaneously.

any ideas? I get the impression this isn't happening to anyone else. It's really only a problem for popular shows like Dateline and The Simpsons, ones that have the possibility of being on at the same time on two different channels.

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X