TV Script Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jeff,

Im working on that routine to directly import data from Australian online TV Guides (actually there is only one source available to us), but I have a couple of questions relating to your database structure.

1. Some of the fields used on the Australian guides are larger than you allow in the tvlisting table. For example, quite a few Descriptions are much larger than 255 chars, and thus the field would have to be changed to a 'memo' type instead of text(255).
    So, if there is any interest in the routine, would you prefer to modify the default DB structure to accomodate the large requirements for Aussie guides, or would you prefer a special 'Aussie' version of the TVListings database to be released with my routines?

2. How are records that start prior to midnight, and finish the next day handled? Are there two seperate entries in the database for the same TV program, one for the time prior to midnight, and the other for the remaining time after midnight, OR is there just one entry, and the ASP pages handle 'continuing' programs from the previous day?

Many thanks
    David
    Adelaide, Australia

Comment

• David K,
      I have changed the description field to a memo so go ahead and make that change in the copy I sent you.
      There is no need for seperate entries. The listings can span midnight.

How are you coming on data mining the Australian listings?

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Ok guys, lets not argue over this. It really isn't worth anyone getting upset over.
        There are some feature requests that I haven't had time to add but I've tried to make sure the database is ready for it when I do get to add it.

I apologize for the delay in getting this project out. I have two part time website jobs, in addition to my full time job and sometimes the part time jobs send me more than other times. This past week was one of those times so I didn't get to work much on the tv scripts.
        I'm planning on working on the tv scripts the rest of today and should be able to get it far enough along to put out a beta. I can finish up the rest of the favorites this week.

Tom already has the installer ready to go so all he would have to do is put the new files in and post it.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Jeff:

You're just dealing with people who see a really neat new toy and want to play with it - pretty normal, I think, for a lot of the people around here. I too am anxiously awaiting your release - it will be my first foray into tv listings.

I understand needing to work when you could be doing other things. I've had to be at work all weekend - thinking about all the HS projects (hardware and software) that I'd like to be working on at home.

My only request is that you start a new thread when you release the beta.

Comment

• We are voicing our opinions. Bill was right, my intent was to vote for leaving favorites as they were and for Jeff to release the current version. Also the "sounds fair" question was written because I knew someone (maybe Jebus) wanted some modifications to favorites and I wanted to voice my opinion, but yet fully respect his and others wishes.

Based on my discussion with Jeff, this is going to be an awesome upgrade!
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

• Jeff,

I am progressing, albeit much slower than I would like <G>.

I have had to increase some of the other field sizes as well - Ill send you a list tonight.

I have had to use the episodenum column for another purpose - our listings dont have episode numbers, but do have a unique program ID value. I have had to se this to stop duplicate entries being added to the database.

The routine works currently when you download the max 7 days guide into the DB, but the nightly update fails, because of the duplicate program ID values (I will fix that tonight).

Next I will work on the automatic purge routine for old data, and a repack of the database, and then finally tidy up the code, because its a mess!

Ive also had to add alot of errorchecking, especially because of a HS.GETURL bug cropping up now and then.

Would you be interested in peer-reviewing my code to make sugestions on improvements?

Many thanks
              David
              Adelaide, Australia

Comment

• David, don't worry about the cleanup of old listings. I already have a cleanup routine that will clear out the old listings. It allows the admin to set how many days of old data to keep.

Once you get the script working, I'll move it over to the exe that way it can run in as a seperate process and not affect HS. Then we can add Austrailia as one of the options and have that call your code.

Send you code when you are ready. I have a pretty busy week ahead.

Jeff Farmer

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• smee,
                  Here you go. A new thread.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=1792911196

Jeff Farmer

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Im one of those Australian users who would love to have a working TV script that would work with Australian guide data. There does seam to be quite a lack of sources of data however the one that I most commonly use is either shepard (for linux) or epgstream.net which is windows.

I would love to see support added for epgstream.net as it is the easiest (I think) windows based EPG client. In my case I have it set up on my laptop to power my Win Media Centre and that works quite well, it does apparentally output an XMLTV format, but I have not been able to get it to work with any of the TV packages. I will attach a zip of the output, but would it be possible to include support for something like this?

Thanks heaps!
                    Attached Files
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                    X