TV Script Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul,

No, I am not saying that. I don't see them beyond 12/8 either right now. What I was saying is that the failures I was getting since last week were not schedule related. I could see the schedule using IE6, but when I tried to download that schedule using the TV scripts, I got empty strings back for the GetURL requests. These were requests for days that showed up fine using IE6. I was also able to get the pages using GetURLIE, which prompted me to modify the TV Download script to use GetURLIE. Which is working for me now, but there isn't anything past 12/8 because it isn't there.

Bill

Comment

Since GIST seems to change thier code like the weather changes...
      what about switching the TV scripts from GIST to TitanTV? I think it will be more forward thinking since TitanTV has a ton of PVR vendors onboard, they list HD and digital TV shows, and (with a PVR) you are able to one-click to record or watch directly off the web page.

check out the vendors supporting them:
      TitanTV - PVR support

Comment

Titan is not a very feature oriented site. I could not find a way to remove channels that I didn't want listed.
        It was all or none from what I could see.
        At least with gist and zap2it you can set the channels that you want.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Has your TvFavoriteShows script started working again? I just checked and mine is working again.

-Rupp
          ...it was a holy night.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have gotten this error for a month now:

Script error: Operation was canceled.Response.Send Cstr( MenuRow(fnPageName) )

Comment

I tried it just now, and it didn't work, I'll set it up to ran late tonight and see if it works then. I've been using my variation that uses the GIST calendar without any problems.

I looked at Titan and at TV Guide, GIST is still the best. I am thinking about redoing the scripts to use a database rather than the large html files it uses today. But that is a LOT of work.

Bill

Comment

Did you get an error?

-Rupp
                ...it was a holy night.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Yes, I did:

12/10/2002 10:26:34 PM~!~error: ~!~the web page was not returned

After retrying each of my favorites settings three times.

I will test further, my guess is that I am still getting back empty strings from hs.getURL.

Bill

Comment

Everyone,
                    Tom has written a script that uses xmltv to get the listings. I have written a script that takes the xml file and puts the listings into a database. We are testing these now. Once I'm satisfied with the import we will start on converting the scripts and the web pages over to use the database.
                    Having the listings in the database will open the tv listings to some cool new features.

Jeff Farmer

ps. Get your feature requests in now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

If you want some one to test, shoot them my way. I am tired of missing all my tv shows and my wife is ready to kill me for lack of her tv shows.

It would be nice if the scripts could tell me if th

Comment

Since you asked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I know these can be setup through the GIST profile, but it would be nice to be able to view it differently on touchscreens than on my PC.

1) The ability to exclude specific channels. Maybe in the INI file, specify specific channels not to show on the grid
                        2) Specify the grid size; Channels deep, and # of hours wide.

these are not provided by GIST:
                        3) Specify Different color boxes and/or text for specific shows. Such as all Favorites are in RED and BOLD. Or, 'Boomtown' text is BLUE & Italics in a Yellow Box.
                        4) the ability to remove the all text but the show title. I do not use anything but the listing grid so this text is only taking up valuable space on my touchscreen.

thanks for the work guys!

Comment

Jim R,
                          The request is missing. Can you repost it please?

Itek,
                          1. The ability to choose your channels is a definite feature. Matter of fact, I intend to take it a step farther and have the ability to set the order of your selected channels. So I can put my favorite ones on the top.
                          2. Already planned.
                          3. No plans on hard coding colors. We will use style sheets. We had planned on a different style by show category but it would be easy to add a way to override the category style with a favorites style or even by show. I'll add this to the feature list.
                          4. The episode title and the show description will be options as well as the tv rating.

The options will be a global (one setting for all) unless you are using Secure Links. If you are using secure links then the pages will know who you are by your login so you will be able to set the options based on your login. That will allow me to select one set of channels and my wife can select a different set of channels. And the kids can each have their own set of channels to display in the grid.

Jeff Farmer

--
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

How about adding the following parameters to the INI file for the xmltv version of the scripts:

tv_hours=02,06,10,14,18,22 @ Which hours to get. Use all for all hours
                            tv_duration=3 @ Width of the grid
                            tv_channels_keep= 5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,16,17,21,22,23,24,27,26,29,30,31,32,33,3 4,35,40,42,44,45,47,
                            50,60,61,62,63,72,73 @ Which channels to keep
                            tv_channels_skip= @ Which channels to skip
                            tv_channel_min=2 @ Keep only channels above this number
                            tv_channel_max=75 @ Keep only channels below this number

those are the ones used by MisterHouse in their get_tv_grid Perl script (it gets the data from ZAP2it.com)

Here is a link to how it looks: http://misterhouse.net:8080/tv.

- Carlos

[This message was edited by Carlos Castillo on Wednesday, 11 December 2002 at 06:02 PM.]

Comment

here's the response I got from them:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thank you for visiting TitanTV.com and for providing valuable feedback. We are currently working on a customization feature (adding/removing/creating a favorites tab) and hope to release it to the site soon. Thanks again for your interest in TitanTV.

Best regards,
                              Christie Midthun
                              Decisionmark Corp. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I think Jeff put out a call for requests . . . here are two:

- I'd like to see the TV listings have an integration with ShowShifter, Snapstream or other PVR. (Real PVR integration via a plug-in would be something I'd pay $$ for.)

- A view for scheduled programs to be recorded or reminded. (I know this could be done in events, but a click off the TV screen would be nice.)

Can't wait for the new release - the TV schedule was something everyone in the family appreciated.

Regards,

Matt Z.

Comment

Working...
                                X