TV Script Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattz,
    Look for a file named tvscheduled.asp. That should have been a list of the upcoming reminders and recordings for the tv scripts.

I know its broke at the moment but is that like what you are thinking of?

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Carlos,
      Comments about your ini suggestons below.

* tv_hours=02,06,10,14,18,22 @ Which hours to get.
      This won't be needed as the grid will not be downloaded in chunks. When you go to the grid the first column will the current time. Then if you enter a time to go to, the grid will load with that time as the first column. Take a look at http://www.skyguide.org for something similiar.

* tv_duration=3 @ Width of the grid
      This will be an option. If using Secure Links then each user can set the width. If not using Secure Links then the width will be a global setting.

tv_channels_keep= 5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,16,17,21,22,23,24,27,26,29,30,31,32,33,3 4,35,40,42,44,45,47,
      50,60,61,62,63,72,73 @ Which channels to keep
      There will be an edit screen to select which channels to download the listings for. Then if using Secure Links each user will be able to select their channels from the ones the admin sets to download. Possibly will add a feature where the admin can control which channels each user has to select from. Thinking of controlling which channels my kids can see the listings for.

tv_channels_skip= @ Which channels to skip
      Same as above.

tv_channel_min=2 @ Keep only channels above this number
      tv_channel_max=75 @ Keep only channels below this number
      You will select each channel on its own so I don't see this needed.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

This is great! I did not have the time to put into this, although I was very tempted. Have not done any serious development in years (moved into management and that takes up too much of my time). But you guys are definitely headed in the right direction. Let me know if I can help with beta testing, or even troubleshooting.

I really do not have any features to add besides what has already been mentioned. I mostly use the scripts for the reminders, and the VR stuff. I rarely display the TV schedule, I've got that now using either my Tivo or my digital cable box. I do like asking "what's on channel 57" rather than scrolling down through the schedule on any device. So for me its reminders and VR, I could care less about displaying the schedule [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bill

Comment

I will try again. my reader is acting strange would if show is in stario or sap.

Comment

Jim R,
            The listings do say if the sound is stereo. Nothing in the data about sap, however.

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

A little birdie told me that he expects to have listings for not only the US and Canada but other countries as well.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

You know I was trying to see that little birdy up close and well I thought they were trained better then that. I guess I will just stay tuned to the message board. Actually this was just a test to see if the screen reader window-eyes was now working right. and it is.

I though the listings will say if there is sap available or not with the program. Would be nice if they could enclude that. will have to take another look, could of sware I saw that, but then again it could be my brain acting up again.

Comment

Hello Jeff - well, what do you know. I've been using these scripts for over a year, and never realized the "tvscheduled.asp" had the reminder listing. This format is great - having the record schedule in it would be a good addition.
                  As a side note "all of a sudden" the downloads from Gist started working again. I just installed beta 35 - coincidence?

Anyway, thanks again for a great program!

Matt Z.

Comment

I have v35 as well. But no luck with downloads for sometime.

JustOneMore

Comment

For those of you having problems with gist, have you gone out and update your settings? I went and edited my settings right when they changed format and I have not had any problems with the tv listings. I am also using the makeup script running every 6 hours.

I think gist has lots of bandwidth problems as they are usually unreachable in the evenings. At least for me.

Jeff Farmer

--
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have not had a single problem since updating my profile.

-Rupp
                        ...it was a holy night.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here are the scripts I modified to use hs.GetURLIE, TV Download, TV Details and TV Next Program, they are working fine for me. I also created a new script based on TV Favorites that uses the GIST personal calendar, its called TV My Calendar. I did not redo TV Favorites to use hs.GetURLIE.

I have not had the time to clean these up. And since a whole new set of TV scripts is on its way, based on another service, I'm not going to spend any more time on these. But I thought those of you that are without schedules or reminders might find these useful in the meantime.

Bill
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jeff,

Yes, I did change my profile. I can view schedules fine using IE6, and I can download the data using hs.GetURLIE, but I consistently get an empty string when trying to access those pages with hs.GetURL.

Just to be sure, I just tried it again. I updated my GIST profile, then ran TV Favorite Shows, and I got all empty strings on the hs.GetURL's.

Bill

[This message was edited by Bill D on Saturday, 14 December 2002 at 10:34 PM.]

Comment

This site is getting to be the biggest POS on the web.

I get this error now...

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
                              at pagecompile._tv._grid_xjsp._jspService(_grid_xjsp.java:96)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.JSP10HttpJspPage.service(JSP10Htt pJspPage.java:41)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.JSP10Servlet.service(JSP10Servlet .java:778)
                              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletService(Se rvletExec.java:1679)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest (ServletExec.java:1654)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletAlias(S ervletExec.java:1602)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(Servle tExec.java:1343)
                              at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(Servle tExec.java:1113)

Comment

Gist has lots of bandwidth problems, fer sure.
                                And lots of Java problems, says I.

My spouse complains loudly when the listings displayed on the TV from GIST get delayed by a couple of hours. This is happening more and more frequently. I found that moving my script to 10 past the hour, instead of on the hour, helped.

Still, it's bad enough to inspire me to change to Zap2It. I'd pay a few dollars a month (not many!) for a reliable source.

Comment

Working...
                                X