TV Script Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jeff,

The new stuff is looking great! I worked with Tom on a bunch of features/options for the Canada TV Listings. Sounds like the new scripts/pages will support Canadian listings as well. Are you and Tom including some of the ideas that were incoprorated in the Canada TV Listings?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Could you give me a rundown on what was added so I can make sure the features you helped with does get added to the new stuff.

Mattz, I'll make sure they are added.

Jim R, appreciate the info. I will move the buttons. That is really weird though. Having the button and then the text is one of the recommendations that was given as the guidelines. The state of Kansas adopted the Federal accessibility guidelines and then added even more. We are required by law to meet those guidelines so the site I work on has the text and then the buttons. Isn't the government wonderful.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, they sure are. if it can be done backwards they will be right 100% of the time in reverse.

Comment

The event settings page for the Record option is almost done. This is your last chance for any record options to be added before I move on to the next section.

http://cfguy.no-ip.com:81/tvlistings/hstvgrid.asp
          Click on any of the record icons to get to the Record settings page.

Mattz, take a look and see if this will work for you.

Jeff Farmer

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Whats the difference in "Enter a watch reminder" and "Enter a reminder" on the new tv scripts page?

-Rupp

--- Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year ---

...it was a holy night.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

A reminder will speak the reminder x minutes early.

A Watch reminder will change the channel for you as its reminding you that the show is coming on.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CFGuy:
                This is your last chance for any record options to be added before I move on to the next section.
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff -
                I can't wait to put my hands on the new scripts. Regarding the record options page... what a wonderful work... almost a TiVo in your HomeSeer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. I find very convenient to have the Run Before/After speaking select the scripts from a pull down menu, but that prevents the user from passing parameters (like the parameters for a PVR SW application).
                - Carlos

Comment

Carlos,
                  How about now?

Jeff Farmer

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The event record page works very well, beutiful, nice job. the radio buttons work, the combo boxes work with out zinging me off into some place I don't want to go. Man I'm on the edge of my seat ready to update to the new tv scripts. Yes, I'm drewling. and No it is not because I've been up till 4 in the morning, i woke up early. What better way to spend the time "reading the hs msg board."

Comment

Jeff - I like your implementation using variables. That will work for the PVR, no problem. On an unrelated note - for the scripts to run before and after speaking the event, can you make them default to blank? Right now it looks as if "age_moon.txt" will run all the time, and there's no blank one.

Can't wait for the first release!

Matt Z.

Comment

I can't wait for the release. Everything looks GREAT !

JustOneMore

Comment

Jeff,

Your database driven listings are looking real good! One suggestion I have is for selecting the start time for the grid. Could you make the column header times hyperlinks that would reload the page using that time for the first column? And add a '&lt;' and '&gt;' link or icon in the column time rows to go to the previous or next grid block. That way we wouldn't have to scroll back to the top of the page to select another grid block.

On your record page, how about having user defined defaults for each of the fields?

Paul

Comment

Jeff - two questions.

Have you looked at zwtv? It's located at http://ztv.arsware.org/ and uses xmltv as a datagrabber. It Then takes the data, squirts it into an access database and has some other VB code to work with displaying the TV listings. Not sure if it would be a help or not.

The other question is if these scripts are in .vbs / Homeseer ASP / IIS ASP? I'm currently building an IIS ASP solution that is similar to this and would really like to avoid duplicating the effort if at all possible. I know that most folks here seem to use homeseer ASP, but I do most of my work in IIS ASP, so that's what I write them in. I'm really interested in getting my mitts on your tv grid code as soon as possible [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I've written some, but it doesn't quite have a high enough WAF right now and I need to improve that.

Thanks,
                            Jim

Comment

Excellent work!

Could you please "Functionize" the speak routine.. Some of us have our entertainment integrated with Homeseer and need to have HS power on the whole-house-receiver before HS can speak. It would make it easier if you had the HS.SPeak in a subroutine/function...

I can't wait to send a picture or link of the completed project to Scientific Atlanta as an example of how to design a TV Guide feature. I can not stand the way their TV Guide is layed out on their cable boxes!
                              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Paul,
                                Already ahead of you on the defaults. I have most of the items already with defaults. I'll add defaults to the rest. Taking it a step farther, if someone is using secure links then each user will be able to set defaults for the devices as well.
                                I'll have the naviagation changes ready later today.

noetzelj,
                                I haven't seen that site. I'll take a look at it today. I've been patterning the site more after http://www.skyguide.org
                                The download and import are done in VB and is an exe that HS will run from command line. The asp pages are in HS asp. I also run IIS but for the majority of users here, I write everything for HS's webserver. Tom and I have discussed some features that would require this being changed over to a plugin. So currently, its vb and HS asp.

Krumpy,
                                What would be different over what is there? Right now, you can select a script to run. You can select a script to run before speaking and another script to run after speaking. If you have some ideas you would like to discuss with me, instant message me.
                                MSN: home_seer_user@hotmail.com
                                AIM: homeseeruser

Jeff Farmer

--
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X