Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Weather

All,

I know that Weather.Com keeps changing their pages. I just wanted to explain something about the way that WeatherMan work.

For those who are not aware, WeatherMan calls WeatherCom_parse.inc to get the actual weather data. So it would be possible for anyone to write another Parse program for any other site and still use WeatherMan as the display script.

I tried to make it very simple to allow a parse script to only have to pass back clean data items, like "42" for temp, then WM will do all the integration into text/voice.

Also, feel free to use the Parse inc in any other scripts. My thought was that if there were folks using the parse routine, then someone would always be available to fix this piece when the sites change their pages. Or allow changing to another web site, by just changing the parser.

All that would have to change in WeatherMan, would be the include at the very end of the file, as long as the new parse routine used the same func/sub calls, and returned the data in the same format.

Not sure if this is useful, but hope it helps.
Working...
X