UltraView install problem with includes INC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraView install problem with includes INC

Since I've just installed UltraView for the first time and tried to follow the instructions I am getting errors from the INC statements. All the files are where they are suppose to be, according to the instructions.

Maybe someone has some ideas about what may be wrong? At this point I don't have a clue and I'm not a programmer, but sure would like to use UltraView because of the layout and customization.

Many Thanks -- Rene

HomeSeer internal error File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/include/ultra_view2_html.inc

HTTP/1.1 404 OK
    Server: HomeSeer

HomeSeer internal error File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/include/ultra_view2_common.inc

'----------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Purpose: Get homeseer devices and create img tag for it
    'Inputs: None
    'Outputs: None

It's been a while but check this in your ultra_view2.asp, it is very near the top.

'Ultra_View2 Common subroutine and function includes
    <!-- #include file="include\ultra_view2_html.inc"-->
    <!-- #include file="include\ultra_view2_common.inc"-->

If thats not it I'm sure someone will help you out.

SteveD

Comment

Are you trying to view via the browser or locally? Make sure you try something like http://localhost/ultra_view2.asp from the browser.

-Rupp
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Hi Steve,

Looks like it's all there, unless I need to put the directory in?

<%@ LANGUAGE=VBScript %>
        <%
        'Β© 1999-2002 Ultrajones Software http://www.wideopenwest.com/~ultrajones/ (ultrajones@hotmail.com)
        'HomeSeer UltraSuite 3.0.0
        'HomeSeer Ultra View2 Version 2.0.8
        '
        ' **** Changes For Ultra View2 ****
        '20020729 Ultrajones 2.0.8 Combined files into UltraSuite 3.0.0
        ' Moved common functions and subroutines into include files
        ' Other small changes to code.
        '
        '
        OPTION EXPLICIT

'Define global variables
        dim arrHTML()
        dim strHTML
        dim iIndex

<!-- #include file="/include/ultra_view2_html.inc"-->
        <!-- #include file="/include/ultra_view2_common.inc"-->

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve D:
        It's been a while but check this in your ultra_view2.asp, it is very near the top.

&lt;!-- #include file="include\ultra_view2_html.inc"--&gt;
        &lt;!-- #include file="include\ultra_view2_common.inc"--&gt;

If thats not it I'm sure someone will help you out.

SteveD<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Do you have an include directory? If not you either need to create it or edit the paths to the include files.

-Rupp
          πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

The include directory is under html\includes, unless this needs to be set in one of the files or setup files. What I did is copy the files that where in the directories for the zip ultra_view to the respected homeseer folders, so everything is where it's suppose to be. Now unless I am missing something like an internal setting that points to the location, I haven't added any paths, am I suppose to?

Thanks -- Rene

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
            Do you have an include directory? If not you either need to create it or edit the paths to the include files.

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
              What version of the Microsoft OS are you running?
              What version of Internet Explorer are you running?

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Front slash / vs backslash \, maybe?

Yours is /, mine is \

SteveD

Comment

Good Evening Mr. Jones,

I am looking forward to get your wonderful add-on going for Homeseer.

I am running W2K Server SP3 up-to-date hot fixes, I.E. 6.0 SP1, Homeseer 1.6.43
                  IIS is turned off, but may run HS on port 8080 at a later date.
                  Sorry to say I'm not a programmer, but a Network Engineer, I leave to coding to someone with a little more patience.

A little more investigation and I came up the "s" is the culprit, "includes" vs "include"
                  HS has "includes" for their folder structure. Now I suppose I could search for the path statements and fix them or leave well enough alone.

So onward and upward…

Thanks -- Rene

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ultrajones:

Regards,
                  Ultrajones<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RBoisvert:
                    Good Evening Mr. Jones,

I am looking forward to get your wonderful add-on going for Homeseer.

I am running W2K Server SP3 up-to-date hot fixes, I.E. 6.0 SP1, Homeseer 1.6.43
                    IIS is turned off, but may run HS on port 8080 at a later date.
                    Sorry to say I'm not a programmer, but a Network Engineer, I leave to coding to someone with a little more patience.

A little more investigation and I came up the "s" is the culprit, "includes" vs "include"
                    HS has "includes" for their folder structure. Now I suppose I could search for the path statements and fix them or leave well enough alone.

So onward and upward…

Thanks -- Rene

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ultrajones:

Regards,
                    Ultrajones<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Seems like Ultra_view uses a different directory name than most others. Make sure you copied your Ultra files into html\include

Hope this helps.

OOPs, after posting the above, I see it has been fixed...knew I posted a bit quick. Trying to see how Rupp keeps up. Still don't know how he does it...

Comment

Working...
                      X