setting a device to caller id info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting a device to caller id info

I am using the attached script to log caller id info. I wanted to set it up so the last call will be displayed in a vitual device. Anyone have any ideas how to do it??? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Fit4Life
    Attached Files

In the script under the line:

hs.WriteLog "PHONE CALL",d&" "&t&" "&DisplayName&" "&Num

just add:

hs.setdevicestring "M20","Last Caller: "&DisplayName&" "&Num,true

Then create a virtual device M20. Call it "Last voicemail caller" or whatever. M20 is an example. Change as necessary.

Every time the script runs, it should update the webpage with the caller name and number.

Jon

[This message was edited by jon00 on Thursday, 20 February 2003 at 04:14 AM.]
    Jon

Comment

thanks it worked great...

Side question. In that same script... It is logging calls fine unless the caller is "out of area" in which case it does nothing??? And ideas

Fit4Life

Comment

Hi,

I think you will need to do some debugging yourself.

Find the following code:

DisplayName=hs.getVar("NAMEcid")

Add this line:

hs.writelog "CID debug","Displayname= " & Displayname

When you get an out of area caller, check the HS log to see what the DisplayName value is.

From the next bit of code in the script you may then see what the problem is:

'----- caller out of area -----
        if DisplayName="O" then DisplayName="Caller out of area"

If DisplayName value is not "O" then the script will not write "Caller out of area".

Jon
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.

Any help this Newbie can get is a plus. I am still learning the coding to write scripts and debug the ones that don't work :-)

i will wait for the next out of area call and see what happens. Hopefully I can fix it my self.

Fit4Life

Comment

Fit4life,

If you'd like to see some examples of how to parse what the options are in the callerid string you can checkout Phone_Action in the HSPHONE script library.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...74&m=278296174

Just edit the script and scroll down to the subroutine that is labeled CallerID Avail. You'll see how the id is retrieved and parsed. It coveres Out Of Area and also Private (Call blocked) calls.

George

Comment

Working...
            X