TVlistings from Zap2It - their bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVlistings from Zap2It - their bug

Here's a copy of a problem report I sent them. It's related to my script for this which is in the HomeSeer script library discussed at
    http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=4292947196

I have had this program downloading and reformatting listings from Zap2it every hour for a long time now - it and they have been very reliable and has a A+++ WAF. Virutally no problems. This bug of theirs is really minor.

By the way - I have one fix for that program in the library - it didn't handle embedded special characters like "&" when this appears in the show title. I've fixed that. But I'm waiting on the response from Zap2It before updating the library. If they don't fix their bug, I'll change my program to ignore the faulty download with blank show listings and reuse the previous download, since their bug seems, oddly, to be in just one specific hour.
    -------------------------------------
    Sent to Zap2it:

Please note this recurring apparent sofware bug:

Software Bug Report "4PM empty listings"
    Windows XP
    IE6
    Downloading Text (not grid) listing of shows.
    Using "My Stations" channel lineup.

For March 10, 11 and 12, 2003, each download at 4PM local time (PST) in IE6 is missing all of the table rows with the shows. The other content (advertising, user input forms, etc.) is all there.
    The download for 3PM and 5 PM is correct.
    Changing time span from 6 to fewer hours did not cure problem.
    In the "Grid" mode is correct. The "Text" mode is not.

Provider: Time-Warner San Diego, CA 92121
    Zap2it username "stevech"
    email: stevech@san.rr.com

I have a save of the HTML in error if you want me to send it. I can send my cookie too.

TIA
    Steve Childress

[This message was edited by Stevech on Thursday, 13 March 2003 at 12:14 AM.]

[This message was edited by Stevech on Thursday, 13 March 2003 at 12:15 AM.]
Working...
X