System Monitor script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Monitor script

Jon00, Awesome script. This is exactly what I was looking for. It worked like a charm!!!

Fit4Life

Jon00 the script is still great... But i am have a lock up issue with CoolMon.

Any one else having issues with CoolMon?

It worked fine most of the day and then POW frozen system. The only change made to the system today was that!!!

Fit4Life

Comment

I have had no issues with Coolmon. It has been working on my HS PC for over a week now without any problems.

Just make sure you are using XP or W2K.

Jon
      Jon

Comment

Jon00,

I am running it on Win2K. Odd!!! I will keep checking there web page for any updates.

Fit4Life

Comment

Mine is fine too. I'd like to know how to insert the MBM Temp and Fan Speed to the script? I've successfully added to the CoolMon but I'm not sure how to make the script to read the data off the XML file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

I purposely left off this information as Coolmon only reads the temperature & fan speeds from the motherboard monitor dll.

Extra info such as PSU & core voltages etc are not available which is why I recommend running both my motherboard monitor & system monitor scripts to get the maximum info available. Both have been running very happily together now on my HS PC for over a week using very little resources.

That said, I actually wrote the script originally with the fan & temperature included. I really do not want to post two versions of the script but I will be happy to email a copy to anyone who asks for it. You will still need to install motherboard monitor and get it working correctly. After that you can stop using it and allow Coolmon to extract the info from a specially written dll supplied with motherboard monitor.

Jon
            Jon

Comment

For those having problems with Coolmon, they have just released candidate 1 which is available here.

Jon
              Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for your information about integrating MBM and CoolMon together. However, I already have MBM script working so I'll just leave them the way it is.

I just configured MBM to show HD temperature. I wasn't able to get that before but now it's working perfectly.

I'm looking into the documentation for Coolmon to collect data from another computer. This might be a useful feature as I do have other PCs that are on all the time. It has to do something with server/client set up for Coolmon.

Would this Coolmon script collect info on remote PCs too?

Thanks again for your help,

Simon

Comment

Jon,

I just downloaded and installed the new RC1 version of CoolMon. Lets see if it locks up my system. Thanks for the info on the release and a great script...

*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-Fit4Life-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*

Comment

Simon

If your PC's are on a network, you just need to run Coolmon on each machine. It is the Coolmon XML file you are interested in.

You can either:

1) Configure Coolmon to save its XML log files from each PC on your HS PC.

2) Point the system script to the XML files on your other PC's over the network.

You can then configure HS to run other copies of the system script (with different virtual devices and a different name) to point to the particular XML file you want to display.

Obviously it is better to have just one script running with the info parsed from each XML file but for starters try that.

Jon
                    Jon

Comment

Just tried option one and it works perfectly

Jon
                      Jon

Comment

Jon00,

I have multiple PCs at home on my network(8 PCs), and have got it working using a different method.

What I have done is to load up CoolMon on each, at set each up to run as a server. I imported the display options you provided on each box, BUT I dont AutoSave the XML.

On the HS server, I run up multiple CoolMons, in client mode and point each one to a different PC.
                        I configure each client to Autosave XML to different file names.

I created an INI file, which lists the names of the PCs I am monitoring, and the House code letter for each. It also stores the name of each XML file generated.

I modified your create script so that it reads through the INI file and creates the devices for each PC listed in the INI file, using the house code letter that is stored for each in the ini file.

I also modified the monitoring script so that it loops through each monitored PC XML file, as specified in the INI file.

I would be glad to forward on these mods to you, should you want to have a look.

The great thing about this is that I dont need to have a shared network drive for each PC to write to, I use the internetworking facilities in CoolMon to retrieve the info.

Dvid
                        Adelaide, Australia

Comment

David,

Very happy to take a look - just email it to me.

One thing - As all my networked PC's are all on the same workgroup, I do not map any network drives either. When saving the Coolmon XML file, I just browse the network from each PC to my HS machine and save it as a different name. You then do not need multiple clients running taking up resources.

However your method has great potential on other LAN/WAN configurations & using the internet to monitor PC's anywhere in the world!

Jon
                          Jon

Comment

I have had the new version up and running for 2 days now and it seems to be ok. I narrowed down the problem to multiple HomeSeer events occurring at the same time. The only time it hung was in the evening when all of the night events started up. I changed the timing on the sysmon event and it has been working great. Jon I know i have said it a few times already, but thanks for an awesome script!!!

*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-Fit4Life-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*

Comment

Thanks for a great script. I am assuming that CM must be running for this to work, is that true? I don't mind having it start up upon startup, but I can't figure out how to keep it from displaying. Any help would be great.

Peace,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X