[ASP] [Custom Functions] Secure Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASP] [Custom Functions] Secure Links

Questions, comments, bug reports for the Secure Links scripts.

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Hey CF GUY,
    I have installed this package. Nice Job. I'm gettin it setup. Questions: What about all the html or VBS files? Some of my VBS files use the old Header, footer, ect... VBS includes. Can these use Customheader.ASP'S? Can security be enforced on HTM, HTML files? I have a hard coded link frame on my site and do not use any links on main frame. Is there a way to dynamically change the links on my menu frame if it is not generated by HomeSeer? I already use a template to change it for page access.
    You have done an exellent job of Documenting this package. Kudo's..................HS.RULES..JG
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Becuase vbs files are treated differently than asp I doubt that you will be able to just include the new asps in a vbs page.
      As to htm, html files, I don't know of any way to enforce security on those files. You would be better off changing the extension to asp.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
      I have a hard coded link frame on my site and do not use any links on main frame. Is there a way to dynamically change the links on my menu frame if it is not generated by HomeSeer? I already use a template to change it for page access.
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      I would have to see this first as Im not exactly sure what you are decsribing, but I would think that it would be possible to come up with a way to change it.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff,
        I guess I will "wrap" VBS files in ASP. HTML files are not important. I will email my menu to ya, If you have the time, maybe you can point me in the right direction. It would be awesome if I could use the secure links with my menu's. I was also wondering if the line ...&lt;%=menurow("NameOfPage.asp")%&gt;... has to be there for "security" also. Can you give an explanation of this line...&lt;%=customheader("Login","Yes",1,"") %&gt;..The "YES" is for display title? What is the "1" and next set of quotes for?.....Thanks again for the Kick *** Package...............HS.RULES........JG
        3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

I was also wondering if the line ...&lt;%=menurow("NameOfPage.asp")%&gt;... has to be there for "security" also.
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          yes, this line has to be there. This is where the security is enforced. The menurow function is the first place that a check is made to the database for the security level of the page. Now, it doesn't have to be the name of the page itself.
          Ex. If you a page that lets someone send you an email. Page1.asp is the form and page2.asp sends the email and displays a thank you note. You would put page1.asp into the menu items so it would show for people to click on. But you don't want people going straight to page2.asp so you don't put it in the menuitems. To get the security enforced you would add menurow("page1.asp") to both pages. This gives page2.asp the same security level as page1.asp but you don't display a link to page2.

Can you give an explanation of this line...&lt;%=customheader("Login","Yes",1,"") %&gt;..The "YES" is for display title? What is the "1" and next set of quotes for?.....
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          In your example Login would be the page title and displayed at the top of the page. "YES" allows you to display the contents of the links.htm file or the normal HomeSeer links under the menubar. Set to No to not display the links.
          The 1 will cause the page to autorefresh after the number of seconds that you have set in the HomeSeer options. Set it to 0 and the page will not auto refresh. The "" allow you to send any code that you want to appear in the head section of the page. You could set a variable equal to a javascript and then put the variable name in place of the "". The javascipt will be output in the head section of that page.

You can also find out how to use all of the files in the includes directory at:
          http://www.c-website.com/index5.htm

Jeff Farmer

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Is their a way to secure pages from Homeseer such as "stat" or "tope"? I realize that I can hide the links but if you enter the above homeseer links into the address bar then you go directly to the particular page. If I setup the webpage with password then I have to enter two passwords one for homeseer and the other for secure links.

Comment

Jeff,
              I am getting the hang of this security package.
              The more I get into it the more I can't believe the power I have over the pages! It's kickin *** and takin names! Pun intended. I don't know about dynamicly creating the links in my Frames setup, but, I have implemented multiple versions of two of the includes to achieve what I want. I dont use HomeSeer generated links. The levels of security are awesome. Ten! I'm havin a hard time using all of them. This should be &lt;=INCLUDED=&gt; with HomeSeer! .................HS.RULES...JG

PS as for the post above, Is there a way to Code out the stat page?

Hey Joe C. Just throw Guest:Guest at homeseer in your link or however you go to your page.

Comment

I wish there was an option to set HS to not allow guest to view the HS generated pages. Since there isn't, what I have done is set all the options to the most restrictive for the guest login. I've also removed the links to HS generated pages from links.htm. I have then made a links10.asp that has all of the normal HS links on it.

Every one that I give a secure login to, uses guest and guest at the homeseer prompt and the login and password that I supply they use on login.asp. As Jebus points out, you can just give someone a link that already has the guest info in the url.

guest:guest@yoursiteurl/reports/login.asp

This will get them past the normal HS login and to the page to login.

If there is something you would like to see added let me know.

I have several projects that I'm working on that will build on this, where the pages will need to know who is using the page and not just is this a guest or the admin.

More to come.

Jeff Farmer

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hey Jeff,
                  I'm still havin fun. I've noticed that I have to go to the Database to add users. The user page wont let me updatte. I'm in as admin. Also the Yes or No choice to turn off individual pages showing links doesn't apply or I am doing it wrong. I'm wondering If I didn't refresh after. I will do more testing. Thanks again, I am anxiously awaiting "more to come"..............JG

Comment

I have to agree with Jebus, the more I get into the setup of this package the more I like it! Along the lines of doing things based on the UserID, how about adding a users start page field to the MenuUsers table that the login would redirect to upon sucessful login?

I'm noticing the same problem with editing a user. It doesn't seem to "take". And the "Auto Logout after 30 minutes of inactivity" doesn't have either radio button selected. I've gotten around editing for now by deleting and re-entering the info.

Paul

Comment

I'm at work right now, but I'll take a look at the user editor when I get home.
                      And the redirect to a selected page should not take much to add. If I get the editor fixed quickly, I see about adding the redirect tonight as well.

Jeff Farmer

--
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I normally use SQL server and I didn't realize that Access returned True or False for a bit field rather than 1 or 0.
                        Unzip usersedit.zip and place the file in the reports dir to fix the editor.
                        Now on to the redirect feature.

Jeff Farmer

Edited to remove the miscfunctions.asp include.

(for now)

See the message below for the corrected one. I also removed a submit button function call.

[This message was edited by CFGuy on Monday, 18 March 2002 at 09:36 PM.]
                        Attached Files
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

That fixed the user editor but it looks like you've got an extra include for miscfunctions.asp at the top of useredit.asp. Future enhancements? I just deleted the line for now.

Paul

Comment

Here is the correct one.

Jeff Farmer

Attached Files
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff

I am having a few problems getting the secure links working. I am able to edit the menu items, and if I assign a security level, TV Listings will not load, but I never get asked for a password. I just get shunted to unauthorized.asp, which is no where to be found. For the life of me I can't find where you included "unauthorized.asp".

Second problem, I can't seems to get in to edit users. Anytime I try to go to /reports/usersedit.asp, I again get shunted right to unauthorized.asp. which again, is not present.

Third... Seems that I have no option to ADD menu items.

Skibum
                              Skibumsplace

Comment

Working...
                              X