Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*newbie* nowplaying displays almost nothing...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grajmahal,

Nirvis_Cover_dir & CDJIMAGEPATH should be something different than HS_Cover_dir & coverPath. Nirvis_Cover_dir is where your real album covers are located. The HS_Cover_dir is the renamed version and they cannot end up at the same directory.
    numPath is defined to be localhost which implies that the client is serving these files. At least to get started set this to the normal server like the other images.
    Set InternetAccessDevice = "" to disable this function.

I've attached my homeseer.ini to use as a reference, but your setup looks good with the above exceptions. Also make certain that you have all your NPFrame-related files closed and run the NPFrame install script each time you make a change to the Homeseer.ini file.
    Attached Files

Comment

paulv,
      When I get back home which will be after Easter I can gather up file and make them available. You may want to remind me in a few weeks.

The architecture that NPFrame was built upon is the CDJ application which controls the local sound card. I know it can be architected to separate CDJ from homeseer computers, but they need to be on the same LAN.

For the general case of playing sound on a client computer you need the "sound" to be streamed. The easiest way that I'm aware of doing this is with Microsoft's media encoder and then media player would be run or iconized within an NPFrame frame. I played with media encoder for video many moons ago, but have never been serious about using it for audio. If your interest is only within a LAN then other options are available

Comment

While there is an active discussion going on regarding CDJ I thought I use the opportunity...

I have been using the NPFrame version of CDJ for quite a while with some local mods (added buttons, info displays, etc) and Audrey's as an interface with almost no problems. Now that the media player plugin is available I have been considering switching for "maintainability" reasons (upgrades, new codecs, voice commands??etc.)

My question is what findings/opinions are there with regards to the change being worth it? I do realize I am looking at a bit of interface work to get the plugin looking as slick as NPFrame on the Audreys (sounds like a Flash 4 project to me).

P.S. everyone's prior work on NPFrame/CDJ has been greatly appreciated and really helped me understand much of the guts of working with HS and the Audrey.

-----------------------------

Rube Gold·berg :'rüb-'gOl(d)-"b&rg: Adj:
        - accomplishing by complex means what seemingly could be done simply

Comment

Thanks for all your help thus far Michael. I have the system up and sorto f running - album covers display etc (they are in similar but differently named folders - albumcovers and album_covers - if that was causing some confusion) I made the changes you mentioned but am still having some problems - mostly the buttons only work for a few commands and then become dead, and the playlist box and now playing display start out synchonous, but wind up displaying different information.

Also - the Audrey I have to run this all on is dead (a dishonest E-bay seller ) so I am doing all the testing on my PC with IE and W2k. Would this contribute to any of the issues?

TIA JB

Comment

Set the debugMode flag in the .ini file and rerun the install script. Extract the appropriate section of the homeseer log and email it to me. Annotate it at approximate times when you pressed a button, or observed erroneous behavior. Its been awhile since I looked at the code, but once I see what you have it should not be hard to understand what is happening.

Comment

Paulv reminded me about my NPFrame files. I think I have all the files in this attachment except the images. I only included the new image that I created for my speaker A/B selection. When I made my changes I typically set switches to allow reversion back to a more standard version, however testing for backward compatibilty was generally not done.

The configuration I run does not use cdjPlayit.vbs. I placed this logic directly in the asp files since that provided better compatibilty so I was able to run it under either IIS or homeseer. I have an ocelot to manage A/V configuration and no slinke. There are .exe files to start and stop CDJ/TTF in an elegant manner. I think my mods to TTF deal with the the EOF/BOF error others were experiencing and I did something to sense when homeseer is shutdown and not produce an error message box.

I know I also played with CDJ_Albums2 to reorganize the presentation and apply filters, but I do not recall where I left off with it.

The album cover frame will show the album cover when present and act as a random slideshow of images when not present.

I have not used the VR functionality in a long time. The SpinnerRefresh is used to build/refresh/analyze the directory vs the CDJ database. I can look up the switches for it if anyone is interested.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X