Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wapseer Discussion

Hi Justin

I am having an issue with passwords. I have dropped the files into the html directory, but when I try to access, I am asked for my username and password. I enter this, but am not allowed in. If I use my password in the URL, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Skibum
    Skibumsplace

Did Rich finally add the mime type to the HS server or was there more to it?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

Does this work for you on the HS server? How are you addressing passwords?

Skibum
      Skibumsplace

Comment

Skibum: is HS out and out giving you "access denied" or is the phone simply appearing to "hang" after you provide your HS password? I haven't seen it deny access, but I HAVE seen it hang. I was hoping this was a simulator issue, but I guess not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Rest assured this is being actively looked into. Would you be so kind as to go to the feedback page and give me some more information on your setup?

The short term fix is this: log on with your phone, and once you submit your password, check the HS Log screen for the "Web server successfully authenticated xx.xx.xx.xx" message. Go into HS Web config and add the first 3 octets (xx.xx.xx) of this address into the "subnets not requiring a password" field. This is not a pretty fix, but it should at least allow you to test pending a better answer.

Rupp: the Response.ContentType field has been there since HS got ASP support. I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the code though, so it didn't get updated. There was a bit more to do. WAPSeer 1.0 used the WML 1.1 spec. WML has moved forward to the 1.3 spec, which required a little syntaxical juggling. WS 1.0 used an IIS specific function in a couple places; this had to be re-tooled.

Anyway, glad to see interest so soon!

Justin

Comment

Justin
          This appears to be a NEXTEL issue, or the way that they implement thier web.

If I try and login using a wap emulator, there is no problem.

With the NEXTEL phone, no matter what I do I cannot login. When I get home I will try disabling the login temporarily.

Skibum
          Skibumsplace

[This message was edited by Skibum on Tuesday, 06 August 2002 at 03:55 PM.]

Comment

Would this WAPSeer beta allow seeing Status text rather than just ON/OFF? I'd like to see temp reading from various devices rather than ON/OFF.

I have a Sanyo SCP-5000, I believe it comes with WAP 2.0 so I can try it out for compatiblity.

Thanks,

Simon

Comment

On the authentication issue: okay, I've seen it and I have a pretty good grasp on what the problem is. If you check your HS Log, do you see "... not PUT or GET"? It appears as though the OpenWave gateway is communicating the auth info to HS in a way that HS can't seem to understand. If I run my simulator against the Developer Gateway, HS keeps rejecting my auth information.

Compile errors: okay, this one makes no sense to me. The OpenWave 4.1 and 5.1 SDK simulators work great with authentication off both in the direct and developer gateway modes. I've seen this now too, and I've enlisted OpenWave developer support to help me solve it.

Lastly, does anyone actually have a WORKING installation?

Justin

Comment

The ZIP file is empty......

Skibum
                Skibumsplace

Comment

Yes, it was. How dumb of me!

Anyway, download it again, you'll actually get product.

Justin

Comment

Nokia 7110 authenticates fine, when I click a device to control it seems to parse the text headings only from the web page.

Is this because the Nokia 7110 isn't openwave compliant?

Comment

1.5 Beta 2 loaded.

Give username and pw.

message back is:

Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link.

I am using hs 1.6 and a SOny Ericcson t68i

Frustrating: i really want to use it!

Comment

GeorgeA - I'm amazed and glad to hear it works for you at all, considering you're all the way in Oz where just about everything in the mobile standards arena is different! Just out of curiousity, are you running HS 1.6?

Simon (and anyone else that has a problem with the page displaying on their phone) - First, try pointing to HSLOCATION_HDML.ASP instead and see if that gives workable output. The links from that page won't work, but the page itself should display fine. If it does, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, because I need to know whether there's a need to do an HDML version of WS. Secondly, try turning off authentication on your HS web server to test and see if you can get in that way. There's an issue with how older MAG installations at carriers communicate authentication info back to HS that I'm still trying to pin down...

Thanks for everyone's continued interest!

Justin

P.S. - Those of you with 3G phones supporting J2ME, keep your eyes peeled [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, Seems to be my phone. The phone I'm using is a 7110 that I'm borrowing (mine has broken down) and it doesn't have the latest firmware revision (as my phone does!) and this is probably what's causing the problem. I have tested Wapseer with the Nokia 7110 emulator (Nokia developer network, well worth getting as it emulates other phones as well as the new stuff)and it works fine, other than a "Page cannot be displayed" message before going to the Device control.

I'll post how I progress with the phone once it is flashed to the latest firmware.

Comment

No trouble logging in.

same message, however, with the page you asked us to try instead

Comment

I didn't like the work fllow with wapseer, so I created my own wap page. (a single asp)
                              If you need to go arround the username and password (like I have to do with my nextel) I created a 'tunnel' with perl that can run on a different server.
                              It need some configuration to list what devices you want and what not. It format a nice output.

I spent time making it efficient so you don't need to click much in order to know what is going on, and to trun light on/off/dim.

I don't want to create a 'war' or to say that wapseer is bad; It is just another option that works for me.

Want to read some more? go here

The asp is attached as a zip file.

[This message was edited by shprung on Monday, 26 August 2002 at 10:28 AM.]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X