Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherMan Feature Request

All,

I can't say I will do everything in this thread (if anyone even posts requests ;-) but I will take a look and see what I can do.

It might be possible that WM can already do something that I've not done a good job in explaining.

I do understand that the actual data format is a big issue and another source of data should be found. I'm giving this some thought, but feel free to post any ideas/requests.

Thanks in advance for giving this some thought and please don't take it personally if I can't/don't implement your request. Some things may be very simple to do, others might take major design changes.

Mike

Mike,
    This is an excellent script and I can't think of a lot of added features but....

How about some historical data for a given location, for instance it might be nice to know that the current temperature is 10 degrees below the normal for this day/week/month

I also use a 1-wire weather station to collect data from my backyard and inside the house. It might also be nice to integrate the data from 1-wire.

Comment

Ben, do you have any ideas on what the integration of 1-wire with weatherman would look like?

Comment

I would like to have the current temperature available as a variable alone, with which I could use as a trigger in events. For example, if the temperature is below 55 degrees outside, turn on the heat.

Also, I would like a way for the script to update the data without speaking everything. This would update the web page and also the temperature (as mentioned above) routinely, but only have the weather report spoken when requested (such as in the waking up routine)

--------------
        -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

That is already available if you set iWriteINIDate = 1 in the WeatherMan.ini file.

-Rupp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It breaks out several pieces.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">2/5/2003,7:53:39 PM,31,-5,96,30,30.16,Light Snow,2 Miles,From the South at 5,5 Weather Weather-WxDataOnly w20 Virtual
            2/5/2003 Weather Weather-WxDateOnly w23 Virtual
            7:53:39 PM Weather Weather-WxTimeOnly w24 Virtual
            31 Weather Weather-WxTempOnly w25 Virtual
            -5 Weather Weather-WxDifNormOnly w26 Virtual
            96 Weather Weather-WxHumiOnly w27 Virtual
            30.16 Weather Weather-WxBaroOnly w29 Virtual
            </pre>

SteveP

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
              That is already available if you set iWriteINIDate = 1 in the WeatherMan.ini file.
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Sorry if it's obvious, but _what_ does that do?

--------------
              -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve P:
                It breaks out several pieces.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">2/5/2003,7:53:39 PM,31,-5,96,30,30.16,Light Snow,2 Miles,From the South at 5,5 Weather Weather-WxDataOnly w20 Virtual
                2/5/2003 Weather Weather-WxDateOnly w23 Virtual
                7:53:39 PM Weather Weather-WxTimeOnly w24 Virtual
                31 Weather Weather-WxTempOnly w25 Virtual
                -5 Weather Weather-WxDifNormOnly w26 Virtual
                96 Weather Weather-WxHumiOnly w27 Virtual
                30.16 Weather Weather-WxBaroOnly w29 Virtual
                </pre>

SteveP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that looks like what I need, however, on my system W23 - W29 are always "Unknown" and haven't changed since day one.

--------------
                -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

It has a script and ini file. Set it up to match your weatherman.ini and then I just execute WeatherMan_ParseData right after weatherman in the same event. Loads 'em right up.

SteveP

Comment

Steve P and I are obviously leading you in two different directions. The weatherman.txt file I use comes with an include file named weatherCom_Parse.inc. These 2 file are what populates all the weather information. The weatherman.txt file has a config file named WeatherMan.ini. In this file there is a setting about half way down called iWriteINIData=1. If this is set to 1 then it creates a new file in the config directory called WeatherData.ini. This file has all the "raw" entries that are displayed as virtual devices such as:
                    Condition = LightRain
                    Temp=38
                    Today_Avg_High=39
                    Today_Avg_Low=19
                    Humidity=76
                    etc ...
                    These values are I believe what you are looking for. These are generated by default if the above mentioned ini setting is equal to 1. Let me know if this is what your looking for or if your totally confused.

-Rupp
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Michael,
                      I was thinking about displaying the measurements from the 1-wire side-by-side to the reported values from the weather site. Most times my 1-wire values will vary as much as 25% from those displayed by weatherman. I don't know if that would be something significant or not but I can sometimes tell when a weather front is moving in because of the significant difference in the measurements. Granted this somewhat unique to my location (I live east of Cleveland and the weather moves from west to east generally) but I can sometime get a 30 to 60 min jump on a storm comming in off the lake. As I mentioned above the gathering of historical data could also be displayed and allow some comparisons between the 1-wire gathered data vs conventional obtained data.

Comment

Thanks, Steve P.

I found the weatherman_parsedata.zip and that did the trick.

Now, on to my second request: I would love for the script to be run routinely (say every 15 minutes) but WITHOUT any speech at all. The way it's set now, you can have three options with the speech: 0=No speech; 1=Always speak; 2= Speak only between certain times.

I would like to be able to run the script with speech when requested (for example, when I wake up in the morning), but have a recurring trigger run it throughout the day. This would update the wxTempOnly and the info for the web page.

I read through the script, and saw that you can have it speak certain items only such as:

&hs.RunEx "WeatherMan.txt","main","COND,AVG,TEMP,FOG"

Couldn't there be a similar parameter to allow running the script without speech?

Also, could there be a similar parameter to allow more than 36 hour forecasts? I see that the information is collected, but never used beyond "Tomorrow."

Thanks!!

--------------
                        -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

Well, never mind about the muting part. Thanks to jsteelman's seemingly ignored post on the third page of the discussion, I figured out how to mute the speech using the CASE statement. (Thanks jsteelman!!)

But I still have the question about getting forecasts beyond 1 or 2 days...

--------------
                          -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

Working...
                          X