Audrey Server Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audrey Server Plug-In

Discussion of the Audrey Server Plug-In...

Since I there are current incompatibilies with the CIDSentry program for the PC, what do you think about adding support for Christian's Message Server?

Thoughts/Comments?

-Marcus
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

No problems so far sending data to the Caller ID Sentry PC program. What problems have been reported? Works fine with my setup.

Comment

Thinking out loud about the direction of AudreyServer --
      The architecture of the system being constructed should be considered with the plugin. It can be viewed as one that manages the Audrey Interface. It can be thought of one that manages the CID interface. It an also be viewed as a package that supports both the interface layer and the application layer. It is all in the direction you want to take it.

I would suggest that you decide what you want it to accomplish and confine it to that scope. If it gets too many branches for special support functions then it will tend to overlap other developments and tend to provide a confusing and potentially conflicting offering.

In my application layer projects involving messaging (MessageCentral and WebAgent) I provide the driver to interface with the popular messaging engines. The drivers for these are typically simple interfaces and the user is then able to use whatever set of messengering services they already have employed. This way it adds functionality to whatever is already present rather than trying to force the user to a particular way of receiving a message.

If AudreyServer is a CID server then I suggest adding interfaces to a full cadre of messenger engines. It looks to me, however, that AudreyServer does not have the capability to see the CID directly and relies upon being called by some other application. This implies to me that the application that is making the call to AudreyServer is really the one that should be making the decisions where/how the CID information should be routed. For example, Christian's plugin could just as easily be called in the same CID event script as is currently calling AudreyServer.

Comment

Hello Krumpy and others,
        I'm following installation directions and get stumped here:
        · From HomeSeer, click on the menu bar (View, Options, Interfaces )
        · In the "RF,I/O, Security" drop down menu, select AudreyServer and click ok. HSPI_AudreyServer plug-in should be added. You may receive a dialog box from HS to restart HS.

AudreyServer doesn't show up in the drop down. So, I can't get it installed. Any ideas? I've copied the OCX into the HS directory (you do mean the HS directory when you say Installation directory right?) and the script into the Script directory, but that's as far as I can get. Thanks in advance.
        Alan Connell

[This message was edited by Alconnell on Saturday, 14 September 2002 at 03:33 PM.]

Comment

I've found that I need to shut down and re-start HomeSeer for it to see new plugins that I've just copied into it's folder.

Paul

Comment

My new XP machine didn't have the MSWINSCK.OCX file, so I downloaded it and registered it.
            Krumpy,
            This works great! Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

Sorry... Will include the .ocx in the next update. Good to see that it is working for everyone.

Yesterday, I started the project of including Michael's Audrey Utilities script. I have been watching this work of art for the past year - it is definately something else when you're looking at it line by line. Wow - alot of funtionality.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Is there anything new with this? Any betas??

I am looking forward to this plug-in.

Marty

Comment

I can't seem to get my HomeSeer to start the HSPI_AudreyServer.OCX program..

HomeSeer Log says "Cannnot access MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependancies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid".

(1) I put the HSPI_AudreyServer.OCX in the root HomeSeer folder.
                  (2) I copied the SendCID.txt file to the Scripts folder.

What else am I missing ?

Thanks in advance..
                  Phil

Comment

OK, I see I am missing the MSWINSCK.OCX file, but where do I get it ?
                    And how do I register it ?

Thanks,
                    Phil

Comment

OK, After some research. I have installed my MS files and all is working just fine.. :-)

Comment

Sorry for the trouble.... I was on vacation traveling throughout Europe and did not have access to the Internet.

Glad that you were able to get it working. As stated in the other message thread, AudreyServer has been integrated into Michael's mcsAudrey plug-in.. Take a look:

mcsAudrey Plug-in - A definate must!

Comment

Krumpy
                          Hey no problem, seem I always find my answer to a question after I post in on the BBS

I'll be installing the MCS Image for the Audrey this weekend. But, I have really enjoyed your Audrey Server program though.

Thanks again,
                          Phil

Comment

Well I got the NetcallerID plugin up and running. It works very nice so far. Then I went onto the next step and installed the Audrey Server. I setup the plugin and it even found and registered the clients. But when I try and send a test message I get the following error.

6/12/2003 11:58:52 AM~!~AudreyServer Info~!~Sending Test Message.
                            6/12/2003 11:58:52 AM~!~AudreyServer Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the Winsock Receive() function/subroutine: [0 - ]

Any ideas?

Thanks.
                            John
                            John

Comment

Basically it is reporting the Windows error message. Don't have NetCallerID - which ports does it use? What ports do you have AudreyServer set to?

Default is port 4550 I believe. How about disabling NetCallerID and try it again. My hunch is that it will work. If so, then I would logically presume that both plugins are using the same port. Which is a no no...

Might want to reboot computer and see if it occurs again. Maybe the winsock control got screwed up. Potentially could also be a conflicting version of the winsock control. Hmmm... You might want to verify the winsock control dll's between the two plug-ins to see if they are two different versions.

Will look into it a little more...

Comment

Working...
                              X