Rover v.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rover v.01

Hunter - When I click on the attached rover.asp I am sent to a bland screen. I am anxious to test this out, especially being a free script. And you can expect plenty of " thank you's " and constructive comments from me

JustOneMore
    http://www.justonemore.us
    FreeWorldDialup desktop# 25831, PPC# 26420

Right click on it and choose "Save As". At least I am assuming you are talking about clicking the link in his message port. If not, just ignore me then.

Comment

OMG.... How dense of me! Thanks Richard. Guess I should drink more coffee before posting, or maybe LESS!

JustOneMore

Comment

Hunter - Worked like a charm right out of the chute. I have a Dell Axim PocketPC with 802.11b connectivity. I just needed to click " fit to screen" on it's browser for all of it to sit very nicely in my viewable area. Good Job. Will play with customizing tomorrow!!!!!

THANKS..

JustOneMore

Comment

When I figure out a better way of handling graphics I hope to make it possible for you to use different sizes more easily. The graphics there now are a good size on a PC browser and most higher-resolution handhelds, I think, but they're a little too big on my vintage Visor's 160x160 screen (and until there's a new version of the Tracker for a newer Palm, I'm stuck with the Visor). So for me it still needs some serious tweaking. Looks great in an Opera "panel" though.

I've put in a request on the help desk for a new command to let me access the in-memory version of the HomeSeer log, since reading ah.log would be way too slow and cumbersome here (I just want to replicate the /elog page's functionality). But then, we all know what happens to feature requests that I make , so I'll probably have to pull out that log page.

It wasn't even a day after posting it that someone sent me a version that adds in a whole bunch of include files that create stylesheets and graphics-rich headers and stuff, which completely defeats the whole purpose of Rover. So I am going to have to resist the tendency for Rover to get larger and more complex and thus slower and less compatible with every browser in the universe. (Heck, I'm not even relying on having forms support, I can't very well do anything important with style sheets!) So for once I'm going to have to insist that if anyone makes their own variations on Rover, they give it a new name.

Other than "make it bigger and more complex", though, anyone have any suggestions for anything that I should add to it?

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
          News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

By the way, here's the link to Rover v0.1 over in the Script Library.

Comment

Hunter-

Thanks for the script, it works great. I have been looking for something that was fast for my Dell Axiom and I think I have finally found it.

Ok, the one problem I am having is that it doesn't show my motion sensors. The light sensor shows up but none of the motion sensor ever appear. I am not sure if this was by design or if something I have changed in my system.

Thanks,
              Tyke

PS, did you ever sell your house? It looked like a fun house!

Comment

Hunter,

As usual, excellent work! Absolutely fantastic! For the most part, everything works as advertized, but I've got several odd problems.
                None of my Ocelot devices show up. Even though I can't control them, is it possible to show these?
                I have a device: Half Bath Wall Switch (Location=Half Bath, Name=Wall Switch) that doesn't show. Does the fact that I have several devices with the name Wall Switch have anything to do with this problem?

Otherwise, it's been fun customizing the header, border color, and so on. This is one great addition to HomeSeer!

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GenevaDude:
                  None of my Ocelot devices show up. Even though I can't control them, is it possible to show these?
                  <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they marked as "hidden" (a.k.a. "Hide device from views")? If so, sure, just unhide them. If not, I'm not sure why they're not showing up -- do they show up normally in a loop of hs.GetDevice()?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
                  I have a device: Half Bath Wall Switch (Location=Half Bath, Name=Wall Switch) that doesn't show. Does the fact that I have several devices with the name _Wall Switch_ have anything to do with this problem?
                  <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I have quite a few devices with the same names, shouldn't matter. Does the location show up but the device isn't in it, or is the location itself missing? Also, is it possible that device is marked as hidden?

Also, if you want Rover to show hidden devices, you can customize it to do so -- there are two places, IIRC, where it checks dev.misc and &H20 which you could take out -- but I think having Rover not show hidden devices is the correct behavior in general, so I'll be leaving it that way in the release version.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tyke:
                    Ok, the one problem I am having is that it doesn't show my motion sensors. The light sensor shows up but none of the motion sensor ever appear. I am not sure if this was by design or if something I have changed in my system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, if the devices are marked as "Hide device from views" they won't show up. Otherwise I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. (My motion sensors do show.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>PS, did you ever sell your house? It looked like a fun house!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet.

Comment

Hunter-

Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of that. Of course my motion detectors are hidden. I don't need to seem them for this application so I would agree to keep them hidden.

Thanks,
                      Tyke

PS. I wish I lived a bit closer....

Comment

Where have I seen this before? Nice idea, too bad it's a complete knock-off of someone else's (that would be my) work.

Justin

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
                        http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/
                        Got WAP?

Comment

Justin,
                          I think that you are mistaken. Hunters pages are for handheld devices, like pocket PC's or if you just want a simple interface. You are obviously offering your WapSeer for cell phones. There is no reason to be upset about another's work. This is an open community and I am sure Hunter did not "knock off" a copy of your work. From what I have seen of his work, it is as original as it gets....JG
                          3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Then why does the WAPSeer forum say this (cut and pasted from the Welcome to WAPSeer thread):

For those of you who aren't familar with it, WAPSeer is a scripted add-on for HomeSeer that allows you to control it using the web browser in your cell or smart phone. Its compact interface also makes it ideal for small-footprint or slower devices such as Microsoft PocketPC, Palm, Handspring, or even 3Com Audrey.

Looks like you're mistaken.

Comment

Just...er Moongoddess,
                              Not mistaken, I really don't believe Justin was robbed. Looks like a shameless plug for WapSeer. I have Hunters Rover script, and it is a very good script. He is also offering it for free....JG
                              3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X