Rover v.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter,

The Switchlink mod works properly. I did "rapid change tests" and every change followed properly. With the slow ramp rate on several of my lights, I was able to get a refresh fast enough to make a new "dim level" prior to the previous ones' completion. Excellent update!

I'm having a bit of trouble with the border style, but I need to look into it. (Don't have time at the moment.) What I've done to test it is to make changes in Style.css, but they don't show up when I refresh or browse. Do I perhaps need to include it in Rover.asp itself?

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I don't see any reason why it would matter if you have rover.asp write the stylesheet tag directly, or by reading it from another file. If you View Source while browsing to Rover, you do see the stylesheet code, right? I haven't fiddled with stylesheets in Rover at all -- trying to keep mine leaner than that, and primarily using a browser that doesn't support them anyway -- but I don't see why you'd need to do anything but put the tags for them into html\rover\head.html.

Any thoughts about the paradigm for how I'm handling Options? Are the long URLs getting unweildy? What do you think of the Options page? Was it easy to use or did you have to figure it out?

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Hunter,

I didn't look at View Source. I will tonight though.

I looked into my header.html and found that I had removed the reference to style.css. Doh! So I placed it back in. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to work on my PocketPC!

Style.css works on my main page OK (on my desktop PC) but not in Rover - header.html. Maybe I have the wrong syntax. (It might be as simple as I need to "step back" in the directory (just thought of that): "..\style.css" instead of "style.css".)

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GenevaDude:
          I looked into my header.html and found that I had removed the reference to style.css. Doh! So I placed it back in. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to work on my PocketPC!
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so we're clear here, I was talking about adding something to Rover's snippet file html\rover\head.html which is not the same as any snippet files HomeSeer itself uses. That's intentional -- what you add to your normal HomeSeer files or "standard includes" files is separate from what you add to Rover files. But you shouldn't need to use a "step back" because Rover executes from your HTML directory (not from the rover\ subdirectory thereof).

Comment

Hunter,

All I did was copy a line from one of my other HTM files into header.html. It is include ... style.css (I don't have access tomy home computer until later today). It's in the header section. I'll update this when I'm home this evening.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Okay, just trying to be clear because you keep saying header.html but Rover is looking for a file named head.html. Not to be quibbly, just in case it turns out that's the problem I'd hate to have you chasing it around!

If you aren't getting anywhere with it, perhaps you could either email me the URL by which I can peek at your Rover installation, or if you don't have it visible on the Net, just an archived copy of your rover\ subdirectory?

Comment

Hunter,
                I sent you an Email with my IP.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

The snippet you have in head.html is actually a whole web page, not just a snippet. Thus, the resulting web page has a head that contains another head, and then the head closes and there's a body, then the entire page closes, and then the body starts.... It's a wonder web browsers display this at all. In addition you've got table cells that aren't in a table, ends of cells that never got started, and other things that I can't make heads or tails of.

Edit your head.html and remove everything except the bits that should go in between &lt;head&gt; and &lt;/head&gt;. My guess is you want it to contain exactly this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                  &lt;link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"&gt;
                  </pre>

Most of the rest of what you have in there should probably be in bodytop.html. That would include the kesmall.jpg logo and the heading. I see you've also included your own &lt;body&gt; tag which may or may not override the one Rover inserts, depending on the browser, which sets colors. I wouldn't recommend this, but I don't currently have a mechanism for setting those colors any other way except for the style sheet, which is probably the right place to do it anyway. My guess is you want this in your bodytop.html:

&lt;p align=center&gt;&lt;img src="kesmall.jpg" border="0" width="133" height="25"&gt;&lt;br&gt;
                  &lt;font face="arial, Arial, Helvetica" color="#FFFF00" font-size="22pt" &gt;GenevaDudes PocketPC Web Control&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
                  </pre>

Though again I'd get all that &lt;font&gt; stuff out and let the stylesheet handle it.

Comment

Thanks Hunter.
                    I really didn't spend much time on it. All I did was copy lines from another file. I will spend some time (if I can find some) and clean it up. I already got most of it updated but need to work on the styles sheet. Or I may just "hard code it. The style sheet is rather large anyway.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Hunter,

I does not look like Styles work on PocketPC Explorer. I can easily make it work on my desktop but it never shows properly on my PocketPC.

I guess the body needs to contain the styles directly. I will experiment on this approach.

Has anyone else had luck with styles on PocketPC's?

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

PIE doesn't support linked style sheets OR in-line styles in the headers.

To do that, you need a third party browser, like ThunderHawk ( http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/softwa...hunderhawk.htm ). It's not FREE though...

(Edit: ) Also, PocketPC 2003 will be out in just a couple weeks. I imagine the PIE Microsoft ships with it will support a lot more standards than the current generation does.

Justin

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
                        http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/
                        Got WAP?

[This message was edited by Justin Gould on Sat, 14 June 2003 at 12:39 AM.]

Comment

Just released v0.3. New in this version: new snippet files let you change the &lt;body&gt; and &lt;table&gt; tags; URLs in snippet files preserve settings but let you override them; archive now includes sample snippets and some GIF files.

I've created a new thread for discussions about Rover, mostly to take possession of that vital first-post-in-the-thread, and to make the subject line more descriptive. I'd appreciate if folks moved their discussions there.

Comment

Here are a set of smaller dim bars. If you have problems keeping your dim bars on one line, use these. Most of the Gifs are only 4 pixels wide, but the 0% and 100% are 5 pixels wide. Save the original dim bars in a sub directory first.

I included two new dim bars - Dim-00.gif and Dim-100.gif. To use these, you must do the following. Open rover.asp for editing - it can be edited in any text editor. Search for case 2 (approx. line 602). In this section you need to change the reference to the Gifs. Here is the complete Case:
                            case 2 ' dimmable devices also get buttons for 10% - 90%
                            WriteDevControl "dev" & dev.hc & dev.dc & "off", room, "rover/dim-00.gif", "Off", "Off", controltype
                            for k = 10 to 90 step 10
                            WriteDevControl "dev" & dev.hc & dev.dc & "abs" & cstr(k), room, "rover/dim-" & cstr(k) & ".gif", cstr(k) & "%", cstr(k), controltype
                            next
                            WriteDevControl "dev" & dev.hc & dev.dc & "on", room, "rover/dim-100.gif", "On", "On", controltype
                            </pre>
                            With this change you will still see lightbulbs for normal things, but for dimmable lamps, the gifs will fit with the dim bar. If you don't like it, you may always change it back to the original way.

GenevaDude
                            Attached Files

Comment

New home for Rover

All further support for and news about Rover has been moved here.

Comment

Working...
                              X