New Audreyserver and Acid client discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a id-10-T....

I poked around and found the SENDCID command..

I knew I was missing something.

Thanks
    Tim

Comment

TimeVex,
      We all do that sometimes. Are you all set? I'm using Audreyserver and ACID on my 2 Audreys, it works great. I also have Audrey set up for CNN Breaking news. Post back if you are having trouble setting up.

Comment

I've been looking for the original acid program so that I could install it before trying out your upgrade, but it's gone. http://www.timemocksme.com doesn't seem to be alive.

Both of the Nameservers for that domain seem to be down.

Comment

I've been reworking AudreyUtilities to work as a plugin. It actually simplifies them quite a bit. I've created a new "Audrey" Class that mirrors the physical Audrey and the TCP/IP communication channel between the PC and Audrey. This allows a new instance of "Audrey" to be instantiated for each Audrey on the LAN. The communication que is managed locally within each class instance which greatly simplifies it. I also elected to implement it with only events so polling is no longer needed.

I've still have some more things to do in the .ctl module for the scripting interface to the class module. davistw, I assume you will be taking care of the homeseer interface side of things where the device actions and button interface to the status page is handled. Of course you have the UDP interface.

Comment

I'll volunteer to be a beta test site for your work on my home LAN - 4 Audreys, multiple computers, DSL connection, 100Mb/sec LAN, etc. plus I work from home during the day = convenience.

RE: the WAV file on a network share that is accessed by multiple Audreys - the contention may also be in the player if it attempts to exclusively open the file to read it as needed (similar to stream buffering), which is typical of many non-network-aware programs. One Audrey may have to wait for the other to finish with the file, even on a read.

- Gordon
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Found a minor bug with the OCX Audrey Acid server - if there are no clients connected and I try to send a test message, the server errors out and dies. Have to restart HS. I didn't catch the error message, sorry.

- Gordon
              |
              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

davistw,
                I've completed coding the Audrey Class for the plugin and tested about 50% of the commands. How are we going to do the integration?

Comment

Michael, how about emailing me at davistw(at)ev1.net (replace (at) with @....

Comment

I recently configured my Audreys with the ACID client and the hspi_AudreyServer above. The CID works great, the TopLed/MailLed works, but the screen on/off and the beep commands do not work.

Is the mcsAudrey plug-in the replacement for this plug-in? I downloaded the trial from the updater and it looks like it has more features - probably more than I really need, but will consider purchasing if support for this version has been dropped.

Thanks

Rob Mason
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes, AudreyServer has been integrated into mcs_Audrey and don't expect any formal development other than Michael's plug-in.

The history:

Michael invested many hours into his Audrey scripts. Last fall Michael and myself discussed converting the vbscript files into a plug-in based solution that would be more reliable. I started the process with communication between AudreyServer and ACID, but then got involved with hand/wrist issues. A few months ago Tom picked up the "ball" and made some further modifications to AudreyServer and spoke with Michael. Michael then picked up the project and completed mcs_Audrey. Since we didn't want multiple plug-ins related to the Audrey, Michael integrated AudreyServer into mcs_Audrey.

I personally feel that Michael has done an excellent job with creating a plug-in server for the Audrey. In matter of fact, with mcs_Audrey plug-in, I feel that Michael has set the beginning stagest of what a touch-screen interface to HS should be like. I now see myself wanting the same type of control that it provides for my CF01 and ProGrear touchscreens.

I have thought about removing the AudreyServer plug-in files, but some people may just want ACID connectivity.
                      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                      X