• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your site needs a user/pass!

Comment

Paul,
      I just used guest/guest

Jon,
      Great stuff, any idea when it would be released? need any testers in the meantime

Just a couple of comments.
      When I select view by sports it missed any from BBC1,2 (Wimbledon what else...)& ITV1 (F1 re-run)

How about offering the option to view just a section of listings for the day? (user selects view after say 5pm?)

John

Comment

John,

Yes there are still a few bugs to sort out hence the alpha status!

At the top of the page, I have incorporated 'full listings', 'normal listings' and 'now & next'

The normal listing will display from the current time through to the rest of the day. Now and Next is what is says!

If you click on the i button, it will take you to a new asp page which gives full details of the program and will be used to develop any other features in the future. There will be a separate radio listings guide to go with this.

As for release, it all depends on what free time I have to complete!

Jon
        Jon

Comment

John,

Your reported bug has now been fixed. Also added several preset times to display listings from.

Jon
          Jon

Comment

Jon,
            Seen you fixed the bug and included the time option.
            Cant wait to get hold of it...

John

Comment

Jon00 - what happened to your TV guide? The page on your website doesn't have any listings and your script doesn't seem to be available?

I would like to have some VR and TTS so I can ask "What's on BBC1 now|next|at 8pm?"

The thing is, I use the most excellent DigiGuide which now has a built-in web server. Unfortunately the listings aren't surrounded by any HTML or XML that can identify a channel, time, or programme description, so screen scraping it would be extreamily tricky. It would be amazing if a script could allow HS to tap into DigiGuide.

Any pointers or ideas please?

Thanks,
              Gary.

Comment

Gary,

Since Teletext stopped providing listings, my script obviously broke. I have left the TV now/next on my site to remind me to do something about it.

I don't use digiGuide so cannot comment. There are several UK TV sources available including bleb.org ( http://www.bleb.org/tv/ ) which provide RSS & XML feeds and obviously XMLTV.

It's on the to-do list (maybe) but I cannot say when ( I need to be inspired!).
                Jon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by garygfx
                    I would rather inspire you to give it a go since you're the best script writer in the UK with years of experience.
                    I think this should read "I would rather inspire you to give it a go since you're the only person in the UK willing to publish his scripts "

I really think this is a Winter project so we will see.

If you are trying the lottery script, you may need to extend the checking times to a later time.

Just don't add the really cheesy option to get cheers between announcing the balls!
                    Jon

Comment

Has anyone tried hstv with uk listings? Originally xmltv worked with them. And the source for hstv is xmltv.

Comment

Tom,

I think I noticed someone post that they were using HSTV and the xmltv radio times listings so the answer is probably yes.

What is the future of HSTV as I thought it was not going to be supported any more?
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00
                          I think this should read "I would rather inspire you to give it a go since you're the only person in the UK willing to publish his scripts "!
                          I'm sure if anyone wrote a decent script that wasn't too customised to their own unique setup they would publish it. I certainly would. The kudos and that nice warm feeling that you're making someone else happy must be worth it.

Originally posted by jon00
                          Just don't add the really cheesy option to get cheers between announcing the balls
                          Well, perhaps I'll do it just the once!

Comment

Jeff has updated HSTV for Homeseer 2.0. All the code has been open sourced. Freely modified by anyone. Although support isn't guaranted. Thats not to say people will never recieve help. I have noticed Jeff answering posts and have seen others give help also.

Comment

Thanks Tom. I'll give HSTV a go (on HS 1.7) and if it doesn't do what I want I'll badger Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X