Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion for hspi_cookie.ocx

Need some feedback to develop this more...JG
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

I do see some possible uses for this. Tracking customer page history and such. Not sure that I really need it right now but I'm thinking

Tell us how you are using it and some other uses you forsee?

--
    Aaron

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

Comment

Tek,
      As I am developing this plugin, it's a very simple one, I have been thinking about incorporating it into my login page. If I can get the cookie to be persistant, It would uniquely identify anyone who hits my site with a valid cookie. This would work as all cookies do on real sites to match the user against a database for preferences, links, content, ect.
      The problem as I see it is that the wininet api works differently with cookies depending on what version of the dll you have on your system. Also different OP systems handle cookies differently. As do different flavors/types of browsers.
      The biggest issue is that the cookie is cached with the wininet api. I am trying to get the cookie to "set" or be wrote to a cookie file. Just like you can do with java script, php, asp, and a real web server. The cached cookie is fine for a session, or even if you put a future expiration date to it. But once you restart the plugin, well HomeSeer, the cached cookie is dead. You cannot get it back. If I could get it to write the cookie file, we would have this feature in HomeSeer's Web Server....JG
      3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
      X