• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update DynDNS Script Discussion

This topic is for the Discussion on the UpdateDynDNS Script

---rah!

Great Script.
    I also use no-ip (www.no-ip.com). Any chance of updating this to do no-ip updates as well?

Comment

OK I will work on No-IP.com support. I can not find update specifications on their web site. I have some source code of another updater so I can use that. If anyone has a link to no-ip.com's official policies on how an update should work, let me know

I am also going to work on the ability to update more then one domain type with DynDNS (because I need that to work)

---rah!

Comment

I have posted verion 2

Update! -
        Version 2.0 -
        Added NoIP.com updating
        Added the ability to enable/disable DynDNS updating
        Fixed timeout between updates (I never accounted for the Hour or day)
        Added the ability to have 2 DynDNS accounts

---rah!

Comment

I am getting a script error in line 563..
          5/25/2003 2:07:04 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: UpdateDynDns.txt: 1006:Expected ')' in line 563
          Shouldnt the below code
          'Check for Private Address Space
          If CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ) = 10 Then IPOK = False
          If CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ) = 192 And ( CInt ( IPArray ( 1 ) > 15 and CInt ( IPArray ( 1 ) < 32 ) Then IPOK = False
          If CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ) = 192 And CInt ( IPArray ( 1 ) = 168 Then IPOK = False

'Check for Multicast Address Space
          If CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ) > 223 And CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ) < 240 Then IPOK = False

have an extra ) in it?
          ie. If CInt ( IPArray ( 0 ))......

Comment

ok i fixed it and posted Version 2.1

sorry. That part was a last minute change and I never ran it Before I posted it. (that'll teach me!)

---rah!

Comment

Cool, It works like a champ.

Comment

I think I might have found a bug...
                I am only updating a no-ip address.
                Everytime it runs I get a message.

5/25/2003 8:36:59 PM~!~UpdateDynDNS~!~Forcing 28 day update

lastupdate in the ini file is never changed. Even though the no-ip change is successfull.

I looked at the code and it looks like it only updates lastupdate when a successfull dyndns update is performed.

Comment

Thanks a lot for finding that one! I was never updating the last update time when using only no-ip. I fixed it.

***If you are using only No-ip.com update to this version asap***

I do not know if I am happy with the way I am doing the last update time tracking. I only have a single time and I update it if I update any service. This should not be a problem unless somehow I update one and the other fails (on the 28th day). I will have to think about that one...

---rah!

Comment

How often does this script check for changes? Thanks for adding no-ip.com support.

-Shane

Comment

That fixed the 28 day issue with no-ip..

Thanks....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shane:
                        How often does this script check for changes? Thanks for adding no-ip.com support.

-Shane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The script will check for IP change every time its run as long as its 10 minutes between runs. I use DynDNS.org to check the current IP address (even if you are using only no-ip.com). Their policy states that you are only allowed to check every 10 minutes so I built that into the script.

---rah!

Comment

After I updated HS to the latest beta it updatedyndns is erroring..

6/22/2003 4:08:53 PM~!~UpdateDynDNS~!~No-IP Updated. Status: () Unknown Error.

Any idea why?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davistw:
                            After I updated HS to the latest beta it updatedyndns is erroring..

6/22/2003 4:08:53 PM~!~UpdateDynDNS~!~No-IP Updated. Status: () Unknown Error.

Any idea why?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks like No-IP.com changed the way I was doing updates. I have fixed it and uploaded the new version. Thanks for pointing that out!

---rah!

[This message was edited by RAH on Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:23 PM.]

Comment

Script seems to be working, but sometimes I get this error:

~Error~!~Script error in file: UpdateDynDns.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid' in line 253

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marty

Comment

Working...
                              X