No announcement yet.

Update DynDNS Script Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Czechmarty:
    Script seems to be working, but sometimes I get this error:

~Error~!~Script error in file: UpdateDynDns.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid' in line 253

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That error is in the section that detects the IP address from the web. I have added some more error checking in the script so hopefully you will not get the error in the future. download the latest version and let me know if you have any problems

---rah!

Comment

Could you have this or another script simply do a ipconfig /all &gt; ipinfo.txt

Then either extract the address from that to dynamically re-route your home page of your ISP to the appropriate place or just e-mail the whole thing?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Niall:

Then either extract the address from that to dynamically re-route your home page of your ISP to the appropriate place or just e-mail the whole thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything is possible ...

I guess you have to be more specific on what exactly you want.

First, by doing an IPConfig, you get the address of your computer. This may not(and probally should not) be the address of your PC on the Internet. If you are using a Linksys or some other router/gateway device that will not work. But I guess I could give that option.

Second, what exactly do you want me to do with the address?
        I think you are asking for me to:
        e-mail it somewhere
        build a HTML page that is a redirect to that address and I guess FTP it to your space on your ISP's web.

Give me some more specification and I will see what I can do

---rah!

Comment

I reread that and it didn't sound the way I intended. It was the "royal" you. I guess I should have said "Could someone...."

I found this thread while trying to find a script that could relay my IP address to an html doc (say index.html which links to my HomeSeer web server) then will FTPs the file to the server when there is a change or periodically (sp?) on a user defind schedule. I thought this would be a no brainer, or maybe I'm trying to do this the wrong way, but I haven't had much luck finding a simple, free, ad-free, spam free way to do this.

Any tips or suggestions would be apreciated.

-----------------------------
          At a certain age you stop trying to win, and just try to loose as slow as possible.
          -----------------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Niall:

Then either extract the address from that to dynamically re-route your home page of your ISP to the appropriate place or just e-mail the whole thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out This Script and see if it fits the bill.

---rah!

Comment

I've been thinking of using this script but since discussion on it is so old I was afraid of ticking off DYNDNS if it's not still working.
              Any comment?
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
              X