HomeSeer Guestbook Web Page Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Guestbook Web Page Discussion

Discussion of this application has moved here.

Jim Doolittle
    Last edited by Jim Doolittle; April 15, 2005, 01:22 PM.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Jim

I think you forgot to change all the links to the doo form. Also please check if they are working properly , I seem to just get back to sign in page.

Joe

jjsmd@yahoo.com
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Jim:

I am able to sign in with doo_guestbook.asp and it shows up in the Homseer_2000.mdb database I set up in the Homeseer directory, but hen I try to get a lof guests that have signed in, I just get the submission page again?

Joe

jjsmd@yahoo.com
      jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

This may be what Jim was referring to in his message - new entries can be added, and they do go into the database, but when I go to select the period to view - the screen just flips to the guest entry screen, and you don't see the log. I did notice that when you click the button to view, you'll see the entries for the default period(which was set to "Today"). By changing the default to "All" in the code, I could see all the database entries, but still could not select the period of time to view particular entries.

Is anyone else seeing a problem with selecting the period to view entries?

Comment

I am not using the database solution with this script and I seem to be having problems. The error I get when I load the page is:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Script error: Illegal assignment: 'strPageTitle' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have set the options to:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
          Const bUseUltraLog = False
          Const strDatabaseName = "HomeSeer.mdb"
          Const strGuestBookFile = "guests.log"
          Const strPageTitle = "Welcome to our House"
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The text following the error messag is:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
          If bUseUltraLog Then

Dim guestdate
          Dim guesttime
          Dim guestname
          Dim guestip
          Dim guestcomments
          Dim rowstyle
          Dim strQry

On Error Resume Next

strWhen = Request.Form("date") ...
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment