WeatherMan parser broken again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherMan parser broken again

Anyone else seeing this. I noticed today that the last time my weather data was updated was on July 31'st. The Hourly forecast is broken as well so weather.com must have changed their pages again.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

As of 10.20a today WeatherMan is fine here...confirming the rain and clouds...

Comment

Just noticed I have the maps back, too. For the longest time, I was getting the graphic saying that this feature no longer available.

Oh, and my forecast is for rain, too!

--------------
      -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

I look at my zip code at 35806 and the fonts have changed and the layout has changed. Odd ????

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

Comment

I've also seen this kind of stuff before, were for a few days everything goes away and then it just comes back.

I also noticed that radar maps are back from weather.com. I had removed them from most pages, but noticed on one page it just came back.

Also, for those that have any issues with WM, sometimes it takes going into a browser on the HS server, where WM is running and manually going to the page (ie typing your zip code into the get my weather box). This must set a cookie on your machine, then weather is fine for a long time after that.

If it doesn't clear up, let me know and I can try your zip code and see what happens.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was blocking cookies and had accidentally blocked weather.com and so it was redirecting to w2.weather.com. Allowed the cookie and I'm back.

-Rupp

Comment

I am real green at all of this and having no luck in getting WeatherMan to work. I receive the following error code.

8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~Trigger from menu (WeatherMan-Hourly)
              8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~****************************************************
              8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~ Weather Script is configured to write Debug info
              8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~****************************************************
              8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~Would NOT speak weather tCurrentTime: 11:44:47 PM tSpeakStartTime: 9:00:00 AM tSpeakStopTime: 10:00:00 PM
              8/23/2003 11:44:47 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~Getting weather from: http://www.weather.com/outlook/homea...029?whatprefs=
              8/23/2003 11:44:48 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~Len of page found Local: 317
              8/23/2003 11:44:48 PM~!~WeatherMan Info~!~Another attempt to get weather from: http://www.weather.com/outlook/homea...029?whatprefs=
              8/23/2003 11:44:48 PM~!~Weather Debug~!~Page Found Variable-iPageFound:0
              8/23/2003 11:44:48 PM~!~WeatherMan Error~!~Weather page not found, script terminated after number of attempts = 2

Anyone got any ideas what is causing the problem. I have changed the zip to several differnt zip codes with no success, always the same error WHATPREFS=

Comment

Gary,

Actually getting this message from time to time is normal, weather.com sometimes has problems. The first thing I do when I notice this error is to use IE to go to the same URL, if that doesn't work then the site is down or there is some kind of Internet problem.

If you click on the link in your message above does it work? It did for me.

Do you have other scripts that grab info from websites that are working?

Bill

Comment

Pasting the URL in IE and going to the web site works OK. I have another program that goes out to a web site and downloads and stores information into HS just fine. WeatherMan has never worked on any zip code I have used, and I have verified each one manually as well to test. Also cut off firewall but that had no effect.

Comment

Working...
                  X