Rover and Infrared devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rover and Infrared devices

Recently downloaded Rover 1.0 and works great with everything except IR devices. I use Homeseer 1.6119 with the new IR functionality. I have several IR devices that I created that have 6-12 ir keys. When I select those devices in Rover I get the following. In this example Audio Control is my IR device.

Speaker BR On
    HiFi On
    Audio Control ?? 1899-12-30 at 12:00am
    Speaker Den On

When I select it I get the following:

Device: Hifi Audio Control

Address: A18 (ref 39022)

Type: Infrared Device (non-dimmable, status-only)

Den | Hifi | Kitchen | Living room | Master Bedroom | Ocelot | Office | Outside | Log | Options | About

Is there anyway to control to control an IR device????

Robert Silver

WAPSeer handles all small format devices (not just cellular phones) and has full support for the HomeSeer IR device class.

Justin

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
    http://www.homeseer.com/products/plugins/wapseer2/

Comment

At present, the only way to add infrared is via snippets, where you specify (using the ir command) exactly what commands you want, manually.

I might add support for the new HomeSeer infrared functionality at some future date. However, as I don't use that functionality, and don't in fact use infrared at all since I got a TiVo (which does all I ended up needing from infrared HA a million times better than HA ever did), it's a very low priority. At this point, the best hope is that someone else who can code and who uses IR will take it upon hirself to get in touch with me and coordinate hir efforts with mine to add this to a new version of HomeSeer. So far, no one has offered to contribute anything to Rover by way of coding, or indeed anything apart from some help testing Compose stuff. So unless there's another sea-change in the community attitude here, this is unlikely, and you're better off coughing up the money for a pay-to-play solution like WAPseer.

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Working...
      X