Restart Windows at a time in the day App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Windows at a time in the day App

I like to shut down Homeseer for a couple of hours at night to do maintenance automatically. In the past was shutting it down from within HS then running some maintenance applications which would take 1-2 hours then rebooting PC into HS. I quit doing the maintenance stuff a couple of months ago because occasionally PC would hand on reboot (Windows 98SE). Will give your application a try Michael. I like to do things like run scandisk, diskdoctor or virus scanning while the PC is not running HS. General clean up stuff. I have been able to run HS weeks with no ill effects though (no lock ups etc). It would be nice to schedule maintenance type stuff automatically. My HS server is in the attic and I usually only monitor it via WEB page or PC Anywhere.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Another member asked for this so I thought others might have a use. Let me know if you want it do do something differently or in addition.

Comment

this is a nice little gem!

I have implemented so I can remotely reboot when things get hairy! Works like a charm.

Comment

Michael, I like you app, it works great. One thing I wonder about though...

In the script library you said it will give the apps 15 seconds to save their data and then shut down. Is there a comand line option so we can change this (say to 20 or 25 seconds).

I've wathced my system shutdown by using the normal shutdown procedure and by using this app. When I do it normaly, It takes about 20-30 seconds to shut down, with this app, it takes about 10 seconds. When I review the HomeSeer log after shutting down using the app, it appears to have not run all the comands in my shutdown script (atleast they're not in the log).

I use the script via an email trigger to restart windows remotely if the HS webserver seems not to be working. It's funny though, I haven't had the webserver hang since I installed the app, so I haven't had a reason to use it other than testing (I installed it the same day you posted it).

| My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | My Profile

[This message was edited by jrfuda on Wed, 01 October 2003 at 07:28 AM.]
        John
        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
        X