Post Photos via Home Seer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it working

I have a laptop running HS2 132 for testing and playing. I have the picturemaker running and converted to use the Touchpad interface. Came up first time.

I changed the thumb views to 200high/wide with 4 across and it works great.

Now that I found the pages, I am going to go back and install on my main HS 1.7.44 system.

Unfortunatly I am in a hotel and don't have a port to make it available for outside view but I will be back home next weekend and will have it up and running on both 1.7.44 and HS2 132 and available for visitors.
    Last edited by ; October 21, 2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyham
      I have a laptop running HS2 132 for testing and playing. I have the picturemaker running and converted to use the Touchpad interface. Came up first time.

I changed the thumb views to 200high/wide with 4 across and it works great.

Now that I found the pages, I am going to go back and install on my main HS 1.7.44 system.

Unfortunatly I am in a hotel and don't have a port to make it available for outside view but I will be back home next weekend and will have it up and running on both 1.7.44 and HS2 132 and available for visitors.

Please do post a link!

Also, would you mind sharing your modified asp file?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1
        Please do post a link!

Also, would you mind sharing your modified asp file?

Thanks.
        Not a problem. I am leaving tomorrow for home and will put it up on my system. If I could find an open port here at the hotel I could make it available right now. Going to see if port 81 is open and can access it.

For the touchpad interface I removed the lines that had HEADER and TRAILER in them and replaced it with this. I hope this will show up ok.

<%response.write hs.plugin("Touchpad").BuildPageHeader("My Grandsons")

It follows the includes and before the redim. I changed the last part with the parms to 200,3,200

My home is open to all. Visit the link below and follow the instructions on the very first page. That will take you to my home just south of Louisville, KY.

The cameras are only active during daylight hours Eastern time.

Comment

Can someone help me with this picturemaker.asp? It works, but I get "old" style header and links. I basically want to only show the pictures/thumbnails, and NOT use the header/footer/title from this .asp file.

picturemaker.asp original:
          #include file="/includes/style.asp"-->
          #include file="/includes/misc_functions.asp" -->
          #include file="/includes/header.asp" -->
          #include file="/includes/menu_functions.asp" -->
          #Include file="/includes/sort_functions.asp" -->
          #include file="/includes/imagelist.asp" -->

redim arrTemp(6)
          arrTemp(0) = "List Of Icons"
          arrTemp(5) = "Yes"
          arrTemp(6) = 600

CustomHeader(arrTemp)%>
          MenuRow("/icons/picturemaker.asp") %>
          imagelist(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO"),20,0,20)%>
          >
          customfooter%>

-------------

When I delete the following from the file:

...I get errors. Any tips on how to not make this asp show the headers, but still work with the pictures and thumbnails? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

For some reason I accidentally edited Kyham's post...not sure why it even let me do that!! Anyway, below is the new question I was trying to post.

=============

Can someone help me with this picturemaker.asp with HS2.1? It works, but I get "old" style header and links. I basically want to only show the pictures/thumbnails, and NOT use the header/footer/title from this .asp file.

picturemaker.asp original:
            #Include file="/includes/sort_functions.asp" -->
            #include file="/includes/imagelist.asp" -->

redim arrTemp(6)
            arrTemp(0) = "List Of Icons"
            arrTemp(5) = "Yes"
            arrTemp(6) = 600

CustomHeader(arrTemp)%>
            MenuRow("/icons/picturemaker.asp") %>
            imagelist(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO"),20,0,20)%>
            >
            customfooter%>

-------------

When I delete the following from the file:

...I get errors. Any tips on how to not make this asp show the headers, but still work with the pictures and thumbnails? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

batch resize program

search for IrfanView and DL it. It is a great image handler. It will resize, adjust colors, and convert to other types, JPG,GIF, BMP and many others.

Turn it loose on a folder full of pictures and you can resize and change to a different type and keep both in the same folder. That way you can have both full photos and thumbnails in the same place.

And the program is free..

Looks like we both were editing my post. Yours showed up when I posted this.

Here is a zip file of my version of picturemaker.asp for Touchpad.

I also make a couple of changes to imagelist.asp in the include library. Basically what I did was to comment out a couple of lines for info I did not want to inlcude. Mainly file name and counts. They have a ' in the front of the line.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ; November 9, 2006, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks, and 73s. I'll try this out this weekend.

Robert

Comment

AH Another ham.

If you have any problems, you can reach me at my website.

I have the pictures there under 1.7.44 but I have the same thing for 2.132 and it displays the exact same way.

One thing to note. I modified the imagelist.asp in the include folder and removed it from the Photo folder. I left the other asp file in the folder with the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                  X