Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I here your pain...
    I created a new ver.
    You will be asked for the zip, home-code/dev-code, and if you like the my look, or the conv. look.

First uninstall the old device and event (just delete both), and run the new hourly_forecast.txt
    It will install itself for your liking.

Richard G, this ver will not help you much because it getting more and more into the variable and configuration. I think your windows scripting eng. need some updates, because the error it reports sound wired to me (but what I know, I am a Unix dude that got HS and having some fun with it)

The updated ver is in the script page

Let me know if it works for you guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks shprung. HS is a whole new world !

Looks like I am having some problems,I am seeing an error

8/20/2002 8:02:45 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Trigger from menu (Weather hourly TEST)
      8/20/2002 8:02:45 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: hourly_forecast.txt: 70:Permission denied: 'msgBox' in line 11

Is there anything that I can check that relates to the msgBox error ??

I am using ...

8/20/2002 7:59:51 AM~!~Info~!~Script engine version: 5.6.7426

Any suggestions, or anyone seeing something like this.??

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thanks
      Richard G
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Are you logged in as an administrator?

-Rupp
        ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the upgraded script. UltraView is back to normal. Keep up the good work on the installs.

-Rupp

Comment

Richard

Do you have "Scripts cannot display dialog boxes" or something similar checked in the options? If so uncheck it.

Can't remember the exact phrase. (I am at work)(Not working very hard)

Skibum
            Skibumsplace

Comment

Rupp,

I am not logged in as administrator. This might be the problem ?

I will check on the script box "check" this is also might be a restriction "permission" issue.

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard G

Comment

Shprung,

Do you know how to change to Metric units? Here in Europe we use Celsius degrees. Many thanks for this great script.

Comment

If I am not wrong the conv is very simple
                  look at the code where I have the tempValue and covert it like this:

C1=(cInt(tempVal)-32)/9 * 5
                  Celsius=cStr(cInt(C1 + 0.5)) & "º"

C1 holds the math converted Fº to Cº
                  Celsius round that Cº and add the nice º to it

Try it...
                  you will find the tempVal in the line
                  <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">if p2&gt;p1 then tempVal=mid(line(i),p1,p2-p1) else tempVal="?"</pre>

Comment

Shprung,

What a moron I was. The Math way is of course the easiest way. Thanks a lot!

Comment

shprung .... good script ...

the "check" box for ... Scripts cannot display dialog boxes....was checked on mine.

thanks again Skibum.

I am going to enjoy this one.
                      [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Richard G

Comment

Anyone found a path that would work outside the US eg London UK?

Comment

shprung,

I have a suggestion. I suspect you are using the line:

hs.execX10 hcdc, "No Cmd"

to get the last change column updated with a new time stamp. This leaves an (un-needed) line in the log. If this is what you are using it for (to get the last change time updated), I'd suggest you use:

hs.setdevicelastchange hcdc, now()

This will update the last change time without logging anything.

Dick Masson
                          Dick
                          HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

add true to the hs.SetDeviceString call will update the last changed field

hs.SetDeviceString "z1", 0, true

-Rupp

Comment

Simon,

Replace path with
                              page=hs.GetURL("www.weather.com","/outlook/travel/hourbyhour/"+zip,false,80)

Zip for London is UKXX0085

Comment

Tried it (in Internet Explorer as a test).

you get the heading lines giving you the chance to get weather for a city/zip code and the lower part of the screen is blank.

wonder why it won't work for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X