No announcement yet.

Hourly_Forcast.txt Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Maybe your wife need to wakeup a bit later, when the sun is up;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't matter. We have a pull-down shade on the bedroom window because the stairwell light for our apartment building keeps the bedroom bright at night, which made it impossible to sleep.

Comment

I did do that.. its the funniest thing.. I checked all devices, and events, nothing gets created.. , but all info is in the INI file. I removed the info several times and re-ran it with the saem outcome

Comment

I have the same problem.

Comment

The version 1.4 script works fine but when i try to add a device to an event, i only see my zipcode.

It seems i can not add a device to an event.

I'm using homeseer 1.6.

Any ideas around this?

Comment

The "hourly forecast" script seems to be broken. I'm not sure, but it looks like weather.com may have changed it website content (and broke the script).
            Is anyone else using this and are you having problems.

Dick
            Dick
            HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I just ran the script and its working fine here. What kind of error are you receiving?

-Rupp
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The error I am getting is:

Script error in file: hourly_forecast.txt: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 39

which in my copy of the script is:

i=inStr(page," begin loop "): page=mid(page,i)

Any ideas what's up?
                In case it makes any difference, my zipcode is 55117.

Dick
                Dick
                HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I just ran the script with your zip code and it worked just fine. I'll attch my script in case something has changed in yours. Also here is the section from my settings.ini file:

[hourlyForecast]
                  data=35806:w40:7

-Rupp
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that did it. Must have had a bad bit/byte somewhere in the script file. The one you sent me had the same files size and date as mine, but it works w/o error.
                    Dick

Comment

This is a newer version that I had on my system then what Rupp just posted.
                      Attached Files

Comment

With the version posted by Greg I get an error message in line 65; with Rupp version the error is in line 43:
                        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                        if inStr(line(i),"if 12 midnight ")&gt;0 then </pre>
                        In either case, the error is:
                        Script error in file: hourly_forecast.txt: 9:Subscript out of range: i in line 65.
                        It looks like in the loop is getting to an invalid value for the variable "i". I checked the values in the settings.ini and they are fine (77064:w12:7). Anyone has a fix?
                        Thanks.

------------------------
                        -= Carlos Castillo
                        -= www.CarlosHouse.com

Comment

Try replacing these lines in the file and see what happens.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                          Find the commented out lines and replace it with the line below it.

'page = hs.GetUrl("www.weather.com", "/weather/hourbyhour/" + zip, False, 80)
                          page = hs.GetURLIE("www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/" + zip, False)

'If InStr(Line(i), "&lt;TD&gt;&lt;IMG SRC") &gt; 0 And InStr(Line(i - 1), "&lt;TR BGCOLOR") &gt; 0 Then
                          If InStr(mline(i), "&lt;TD&gt;&lt;IMG height") &gt; 0 And InStr(mline(i - 1), "&lt;TR bgColor") &gt; 0 Then

</pre>

Let me know if this fixes the script I posted.

-Rupp

Comment

The changes that you suggested solved the problem inmediatly! I had to use line(i) instead of mline(i), but the rest worked fine. That has become a great tool with high WAF and I will hate to loose it.
                            Thanks.

------------------------
                            -= Carlos Castillo
                            -= www.CarlosHouse.com

Comment

Just curious...

Do you run this script and the Weatherman script? If so, why?

--------------
                              -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

This script is more of a forecast and gives you an idea what the daily temps are going to be at a particular time throughout the day. The weatherman script displays current conditions only.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                                X