No announcement yet.

Hourly_Forcast.txt Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere on this board UltraJones suggested a fix and I thought it was incorporated in the latest UltraView to parse out the degree symbol. Try a search and see if this was indeed fixed.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I am new to HS and seem to be having a problem with scripts. The hourly forcast script ran after modifying GETURL to GETURLIE, and the device was created, but the satus is empty.

Anyone have any suggestions what I am doing wrong?

System is win98SE.

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

How can I create icone for Ultra Status/ Ultra View?? The string is changing based on hours...
        Please HELP!

Martin

Comment

I just set up the hourly forecast script and it works great with one exception. Everytime the script runs, I get a Pop-Up advertisement left open on my system. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how do I get rid of it. Thanks.

Thanks,

Bobby
          http://bobbyandrobin.no-ip.info:8181

Comment

I too have the pop ups.

Every bit of IE sight filtering and blocking I've tried has not worked.
            I don't know how it's getting through, but a possible source was suggetion as the Internet Explorer reference in the GetURL function of the script.

Dan-O

Comment

I don't use Hourly_Forecast.txt, but you might want to try this:

POW! from AnalogX. It's a popup blocker that works well for me.

--------------
              -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

Love the script. How can I remove the "AM" and "PM" from the table. I usually view homeseer in a small window and the forecast part gets really high. If I removed the am and pm it wouldn't take up so much room. Thanks in advance.

-Shane

Comment

I get html tags in my HS GUI view in the 'name' column (e.g. </a> table cellpadding......) ?

Is this what is to be expected? Also, the formating of the time and temp is out of whack for the temps shown adjacent to the AM and PM. Mine show the AM and PM above the temps instead of being in-line with the temps?

Great script; I'd like to clean these things up if at all possible.

Thanks,

Shawn

Comment

The script "out of the box" should look like this.

-Rupp

Hum ... How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?
                    Attached Files
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

Comment

Mine has the first set of temps "bunched up" in the cell. The image helps, I can tweak the html I suppose.

Shawn

Comment

Hey everyone. I have been successfully using the hourly_forecast but recently started getting the following error:

9/19/2003 11:10:03 AM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: hourly_forecast.vbs: 5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 61

It doesn't happen all the time but is happening more and more. I am new to VBScript but is 'mid' a built-in function?

Anyone have an idea why this would be happening?

Comment

I managed to avoid errors cnaging the GetURL line to page=hs.GetURLIE("www.weather.com/outlook/travel/hourbyhour/" + zip, False).

Now the script executes without error but I get no data in Status.

I'm trying to get the data for Madrid, Spain.

Best regards.

Mario.-

Comment

I am now getting the error at line 61 ALL THE TIME!! It was working fine for the last year until 12/5. Do we think that WEATHER.COM has changed the html code for the hourbyhour URL?? Maybe doing a redirect?? Anyway mt "Hourly Foremast" script is broken.

Thom Hole
                            in Sunny North Carolina

Comment

I was getting that error last week but now it has cleared up?

-Rupp
                              Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
                              -Rupp
                              sigpic

Comment

I found out that if you have "cookies turned off" in your internet settings in control panel, Weather.com gives a redirected response to the Hourly Forecast call. So the first response in an HTML with no data. Once I turned on cookies, evrything works as expecked. Now I have to find out what software changed this setting as I did'ny change anything at 5am in the morning. HTH, Thom

Comment

Working...
                                X